iPhone says I am using more data than Verizon.
obliviaxel

When I check my data usage on my iPhone, it says that I have used 4.5 GB in the past month, with safari using an abnormal ammount (2.5 GB). When I go to the Verizon app, it says I am only using 2.479 GB. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone says I am using more data than Verizon.
mama23dogs
Legend

@obliviaxel wrote:

When I check my data usage on my iPhone, it says that I have used 4.5 GB in the past month, with safari using an abnormal ammount (2.5 GB). When I go to the Verizon app, it says I am only using 2.479 GB. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

1.   Maybe you didn’t reset your data statistics on the right date or time.

2.   Verizon hasn’t posted all your data to the online account.  

Data isn’t reported live.  Like writing a check during the day, it isn’t deposited till the evening (if then) and doesn’t deduct from your checking account till middle of the night.  

0 Likes
Re: iPhone says I am using more data than Verizon.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the discrepancy with the data reporting, obliviaxel. As mama23dogs correctly pointed out, it's possible that your statistics on your iPhone weren't reset to match your billing cycle. This doesn't happen automatically and must be done manually. Does the "last reset" data on the cellular settings screen of your iPhone match with the start of the bill cycle? Also, do keep in mind that data reporting is not real time. 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes