iPhone 7 trade in
TOMB3328

Still don't see how the deal works - do I pay $650 up front for an iPhone 7 and then receive monthly credits that net out to zero after 24 months?  Or, is there no up front payment?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 7 trade in
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@TOMB3328 that is a great promotion you are looking at. I'm here to answer your questions regarding this promotion. You would not pay the full price for the new phone all at once. You would need to purchase your new iPhone 7 using our Device Payment Plan. You would actually get a monthly adjustment on your bill to offset the cost of the new iPhone 7. Your savings will be credited to your account as recurring payments over 24 months beginning within 2-3 cycles. iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus are eligible for promotional value of $650. iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C and iPhone SE are eligible for promotional value of $400. So if you were to trade in a device with a value of $650.00 you would get a credit of $27.08 on your billing statement to offset the new iPhone 7's monthly device payment. If you traded in a phone with a $400.00 value it would be a credit of $16.66 on your bill each month.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@TOMB3328 that is a great promotion you are looking at. I'm here to answer your questions regarding this promotion. You would not pay the full price for the new phone all at once. You would need to purchase your new iPhone 7 using our Device Payment Plan. You would actually get a monthly adjustment on your bill to offset the cost of the new iPhone 7. Your savings will be credited to your account as recurring payments over 24 months beginning within 2-3 cycles. iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus are eligible for promotional value of $650. iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C and iPhone SE are eligible for promotional value of $400. So if you were to trade in a device with a value of $650.00 you would get a credit of $27.08 on your billing statement to offset the new iPhone 7's monthly device payment. If you traded in a phone with a $400.00 value it would be a credit of $16.66 on your bill each month.

0 Likes
TOMB3328

Thanks for the prompt reply.  Just to clarify, the only up front costs ate the line fee and sales tax for the iPhone 7? 

Will there be a bill every month for $27.08 and a corresponding offset of $27.08 each month?

0 Likes
KF0956

I have an iphone 6s 64gb, my screen is cracked can I trade it in for the promotion?

0 Likes
smrivera1127
Enthusiast - Level 3

Generall, they won't do the special promo if the phone is damage. At best, you'd be able to get part of the price they offer for upgrade.

0 Likes
ROBERT_RZI1

Is the $20 upgrade fee a onetime fee

0 Likes
josephe_vzw
Verizon Employee

Getting the best deal on a new device is always a must, KFO956. With a cracked screen on your iPhone 6 you wouldn't qualify for this particular promotion. You are still able to trade-in your device for market value. You could file a claim with Asurion, if you have insurance coverage, to have a phone without a broken screen. Then you would be eligible for this promotion. You can start a claim at http://www.phoneclaim.com./verizon

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
amberk_vzw
Verizon Employee
ROBERT.RZI1-

Upgrading your device is always so exciting. We absolutely want to make sure that we are setting the right expectations. The upgrade fee is a one time fee that is applicable only when you're upgrading. You can learn more about this charge by following this link: Upgrade Fee FAQs | Verizon Wireless . Please let us know if you have any additional questions. We're eager to assist.

0 Likes
kvm88

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out what I would be paying each month. I recently ordered the iPhone 7 but I do not want to trade-in my iPhone 5s. Is my monthly bill the $27.08? I received a receipt with the iPhone saying order total $710.19 but I do not want to pay that up front. Please advise.

0 Likes
josepht_vzw
Verizon Employee

kvm88, congrats on your new iPhone 7! We are glad to help you figure out your phone payments.What size memory did you choose for your new phone?

0 Likes