iPhone 7 poor reception
ELAFRE94
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just upgraded to the iPhone 7 and my reception is awful.  

I get no signal where on my iPhone 6 I had a good signal. 

I discovered if I reboot, I get the signal again but if driving I lose the signal again.  But again a reboot restores the signal.

This is terrible service. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 7 poor reception
ELAFRE94
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Verizon store fixed my issue. 

In Settings>Cellular make sure Cellular Data is on.  Under Cellular Data Options click to turn Roaming on and make sure Enable LTE is set only to Data and Roaming is Voice Only

View solution in original post

0 Likes
VZW_Apple_Luv
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here... I've called VZW... They said they are aware of it but then put the problem on Apple.  Apple is not aware of the issue.

0 Likes
steveng_vzw
Verizon Employee

ELAFRE94, we always want you to be connected to the best signal we have for you. We are here to help make sure you have service. Since getting your great new phone, have you made sure that it is up to date with our network by going to Settings, General, About, and tapping Carrier Settings? Have you tried a Forced Restart to ensure there are no software errors causing that signal issue? http://apple.co/1KjGXVW

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
SYL13MEC

Same here. Always have less bars than family and friends with iphones. Occasionally even reverts to 3g. This has been true in 2 separate major US cities that I have been to since getting the iphone 7.

0 Likes
ericw_vzw
Verizon Employee

Let's see if we can get this sorted out for you. We know it's important that you're able to receive the signal you need on your phone. There was a software update just made available for the iPhone in the last couple days. Have you already completed that?

0 Likes
DEEPWATEROPS1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have little to no reception in my home, i have updated the phone (iphone 7) and did a reset of network settings and all other settings. No luck, same problem. I was with AT&T with 0 issues with reception in my home. This needs to get sorted out very soon or i will return the phones and go back to AT&T.

ELAFRE94
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Verizon store fixed my issue. 

In Settings>Cellular make sure Cellular Data is on.  Under Cellular Data Options click to turn Roaming on and make sure Enable LTE is set only to Data and Roaming is Voice Only

0 Likes
FADAFLEX
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why should we have to put LTE on data only when Verizon has a feature for data and voice? This is called HD Voice and allows data searching while in the phone.

Verizon... there seems to be a issue going around the web in many different states with the iPhone 7 where it loses its connections to certain band Frequencies in the phones. This could be due to the upgrade of the advanced LTE network but my 6S worked great. But where I was getting 150+ download speeds according to OOKLA I'm now getting 4 mbps download and is almost intolerable. If I wanted these speeds I would go to sprint and get 2 phones with truly unlimited data for $100.... so I need this issue resolved as soon as you can get it. Here is the ticket number involved with the issue 102095-091716

Hitdog10

I've got same issue.

Had good reception with iPhone 6. Got iPhone 7 and it's been a cellular black hole in home and car. -115 bar. Have tried both cellular and WiFi for cell calls and other state call is choppy and impossible to con't call. Wife and kid's new iPhone 7s having same problem. Have tried suggestions in thread. Impossible to conduct business calls.

So regretting this new phone and Vzn service coverage.

0 Likes
supar6
Enthusiast - Level 3

As others have said, go into "settings - cellular - cellular options - enable LTE" and change to "data only".

This has resolved SOME of my connectivity issues and while Verizon and Apple are quick to tell you how to band-aid the issue, they've not publicly announced they have any issues.

My problem, aside from spending almost $900 on a phone that doesn't place calls and loses service several times a day, is that with the above modified/enabled/disabled, WE can not call someone and use the internet.  This is a 2013 downgrade and the reason I'm taking my iPhone back in a few days if it's not resolved.  People HAVE to have reliable service.

Unless it's free service for a month or a temporary replacement is offered.  But we all know that isn't going to happen.