Re: iPhone 7 Plus Backorder
Psalm51
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased online with a trade in on 9/30, an email confirmation clearly states that I have 30 days to send in my trade after I get my new phone

"If you purchased a new smartphone, use the

recycling box to return your trade within 30 days

from receipt of new device".

0 Likes
Laytonoid
Contributor - Level 1

Receipt of what though? When the order was placed or when you get charged? That still doesn't tell us anything.

0 Likes
Psalm51
Enthusiast - Level 2

It clearly states "RECEIPT OF NEW DEVICE" , new device being a Iphone 7 plus.

jdkjlakj
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just looked at my original email and I concur with Psalm51. Email says if you ordered a new device to send your old device back within 30 days of receipt of the new device. It then says if you DID NOT order a new device to send the old back within 30 days of request. Simple system flow chart. If NEWDEV=yes then 30 days from receipt of new phone. If NEWDEV=no then 30 days from original request.

As opposed to all the calls I calll that definitive. I'm guessing the confusion with the CSR's is the two different clauses in the email. However an official (as official as an email can be) Verizon document does state the more favorable condition for all those who won't receive their phone prior to 30 days from order date.

BTW. My MB 7+ 128g with original date of 10/19 should be to me by 10/11 or 10/12. So, that's exciting!

0 Likes
arnie58
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went back and found my email.  Same thing.  So that should be the end of this discussion.  If iPhone 7 ordered before the end of the promo, you have 30 days after the new phone arrives to ship your old phone, regardless of how long that is after the purchase transaction.

0 Likes
Laytonoid
Contributor - Level 1

No that's not what reciept means. The word reciept is a noun not verb. A reciept is something you get. You are interperting this as if it says "within 30 days of recieving the new device" Which is not what it's saying. So in this case it is more likely that "reciept" is the email you recieve that has an invoice. This is why we need clarification.

0 Likes
jdkjlakj
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would recommend looking up the word in the dictionary. It can be either a noun or a verb, but one of the meanings as a noun is: the act of receiving or the state of beingreceived.

So, there are other meanings that might fit but in context I believe this is the accurate definition. Before anyone starts grousing on the fact that you received a "receipt" when you ordered, you do not receive a true receipt until you pay Verizon money which does not happen until they ship the phone, thus everyone's obsession with watching their CC for charges as they wait. Verizon provided written acknowledgement of their intention in the email. There are so many rules and even more room for human error when attempting to interpret through CSR's and forum administrators.

Now, you may accuse me of being Pollyanna, but I don't believe Verizon wishes to slog through a massive PR nightmare by pulling a fast one on a significant number of their customers. Doing as many have suggested would be a class action lawsuit waiting to be filled. Providing the $650 credit would be much cheaper than the lawsuit and lost customers. Verizon is a large corporation that doesn't particularly care about us as individual customers, but they do like getting paid every month and keeping from bad press.

So, stop being purposely obtuse. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Psalm51,

We want to clarify and make sure you know just what to expect. Getting your promotion is important and we want to make sure you get the full value. The phone needs to be traded in within 30 days of processing the trade in. However as long as you ordered the phone during the qualifying period you have until 12/31/16 to submit your trade in request. If it has been more than 30 days since you processed the trade in when you get the phone you may need to reprocess the trade in but you will still qualify for the full amount.

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Laytonoid
Contributor - Level 1

Finally a decent answer. So we do to have 30 days but the trade in can be recreated after that 30 days for the full trade value as long as that first trade in submission was before the promotion end date. Cool. Thanks.

0 Likes
STEHOB19

I ordered my gold Iphone 7plus on Sept 20.  It had a shipping date of Oct. 5.  It still has a shipping date of Oct. 5 and it is Oct. 11.  When can I get expect my phone to be shipped?

0 Likes