3x Verizon Rep - Yes, trade in good after 30 days

3x Verizon Rep - No, if ordered online only good 30 day

1x Verizon Rep - Kind of, have to use form to get it

VERIZON, seriously?

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 7 Plus Backorder
VZW_Apple_Luv
Enthusiast - Level 1

Be glad you don't have it. iPhone 7 and 7+ have terrible reception issues that verizon and apple are tying to figure out. Many of us cant use our phones Due to dropped calls and loss of LTE

0 Likes
Laytonoid
Contributor - Level 1

We got my wife's iPhone 7 Plus and she says she hasn't noticed a difference in reception from her iPhone 6s. Maybe is has to do with certain towers or something.

She DOES have the hissing sound though. If you put your ear up to the back of the phone around where the Apple logo is it makes a hissing, sizzling, crackling type sound. It's particularly loud when processing something bigger like a game but it still makes noise even just having it on doing nothing. Many others have this issue too. Super bummed.

i still want my Matte Black 128gb 7+ though. I can always go to the Apple Store half hour from here to exchange it.

0 Likes
arnie58
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK.  I just got off the phone with a Verizon rep and was told normal program was 30 days after transaction date but since I wouldn't get the new phone by then, I will still get the $650 promo if I mail old phone timely after new phone rec'd.

0 Likes
arnie58
Enthusiast - Level 2

It would be helpful though, if a Verizon rep monitoring this thread would also comment to clear this up as there is confusion.

0 Likes
rosannem_vzw
Verizon Employee

We are all excited about the new iPhone. We want to be sure it works perfectly for our customers. What we would recommend is returning it. Please let us know if you have additional questions.

0 Likes
Laytonoid
Contributor - Level 1

No I can go to Apple for that. What we all want to know has been asked through out this forum multiple times. However, we want an answer that is 100% accurate and that a Verizon representitive GUARANTEES is the correct response. DO WE HAVE 30 DAYS FROM PURCHASE OR 30 DAYS FROM RECIEVING THE IPHONE 7 TO TRADE IN OUR OLD PHONES and get the 650 CREDIT.

We don't want a standard response because we have all had those and they have all been different answers. Give us a supervisor or something saying what is or isn't right. Thanks.

0 Likes
Ashlee91

Update - 100% it's 30 days from the time the order was placed. Extensively verified with Verizon rep today over the course of like an hour and half on the chat.

I will say that she was good about it and did say they will honor it for me for sure and notated my account as well. I also emailed our chat transcript to myself so I have it in writing for future reference.

I encourage you all the get on the chat and do the same. Words mean nothing when you've missed out on a free iPhone 7. Or nearly free...

0 Likes
Ashlee91

Dont take what anyone says as truth. Assume the worst and hedge yourself for it.

Dont ask me why the promotion is this way... But they do intend to honor it. The only reason I can figure is underhandedness... Maybe theyre banking on those people who won't point it out and will just pay up? I don't know. I have no idea who would order the phone via the phone except old people... first of all youd have to get online to even see the promotion, unless there was commercials or you saw it in the store. They shouldn't have even advertised it online in my opinion if it basically didn't apply.

0 Likes