Re: iPhone 7 Plus Backorder
SHAAUD14
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered my phone online on 9/25. So you're telling me I need to send back my phone before 10/25 in order to receive the promotional offer? That would mean I would have to go 2 weeks without a phone since my expected shipping date is 11/09. That seems highly unfair that you would offer that deal knowing how far the phones were backed up. I would hope that I either get my phone sooner than 11/09 OR I can keep my current phone until at least my new phone arrives!

sean_m_raymond
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's [Removed]. The method shouldn't matter.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
dacr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I really wish someone from Verizon would clear this up.  There have been several contradictory responses to this same question/issue.  If we ordered our new phones online but will not receive them within 30 days to return our trade-ins (which were submitted at the time we ordered the new phones; we have already been sent the box and shipping materials), will we lose out on the promotion?  If that is the case, can we CANCEL our new phone orders NOW?  I do not want to risk mailing in a perfectly good iphone to be told that it is too late and I will not receive the trade-in promotion.  Could someone please answer this question honestly.  It would be very much appreciated.  Thank you.

KC317463
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do you mean that if my 30-day trade in window expires before I receive my iphone 7 Plus, that I must go without a phone until the iphone 7 Plus arrives?  This does not seem right.  I might have to be without a phone for over a month since I placed my order on October 4th and the iPhone 7 Plus is not expected to ship until December 7th.

Please confirm.  What are my options if I do not want to be without a phone for a month?

0 Likes
primaryjustice
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ordered the iPhone 7 Plus 128 in Matte Black on 9/28 with an expected delivery date of 11/30. Reading about this 30 day limit, I called and was told by a very nice rep that they would never do that because they can't take your phone back if you don't have a new phone yet, so there's no way the 30 day limit would expire prior to returning your phone. About 45 minutes later, she was kind enough to call back and explain that there is a 30 day limit to return your phone and qualify for the promotion you signed up for. She did, however say that they have a form called a "Trade-in Promo Correction/Recalc Form", which you can call and submit once your receive your new phone and are ready to trade in your old one. This should allow you to qualify for the original promo (likely the $650). Bottom line, I would call Verizon to verify, but it sounds like they have something in place in case this happens.

sean_m_raymond
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got off the phone with Verizon and the rep told me that we have nothing to worry about. We hold on to our old phones until we receive the new one and activate it. Then we'll send in our old phone. I clarified to make sure I understood correctly and he reassured me that we have nothing to worry about. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Laytonoid
Contributor - Level 1

So that means we have 1 person here who called and was told we have to fill out a correction form. Then we have another mine who called and was told there is nothing to worry about. Then we have two Verizon reps in this forum saying we DO have only 30 days to trade-in. Now I just called and asked "Sarah" the same question and she said I have 30 days from the date I ordered the phone. SO WHICH IS IT?

0 Likes
Ashlee91

SO I'm currently chatting with a Verizon rep. They initially told me I have 30 days once the new phone is activated bc they "wouldn't do that to me" essentially. Then I told them about conflicting info in the thread about online vs phone orders and she looked into it further and it turns out for ONLINE orders you DO have to turn your trade in device in within 30 days of the ORDER date... leaving you without a phone if it's on back order.

They can't "convert" my order to a phone order it has to be canceled, which will cause me to lose the promotion and also put me at the back of the line shipping wise (I ordered 9/23).

[Removed] Verizon. This was NOT AT ALL clear during the order process or everyone here would have ordered over the phone. Very shady and stupid. Thinking about contacting the BBB and switching to AT&T as well since my device is paid off.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Laytonoid
Contributor - Level 1

That is total crap. Why does it matter what method we used to buy the phone? You are totally right, there was NO way of knowing that otherwise I would have ordered over the phone.

I have a question for VERIZON. Let's say I even get my phone within that 30 day window. Do I have to SEND the trade in within the 30 day window or does Verizon have to HAVE the phone within the 30 day window? That could shorten the chance for trade in even more if they have to actually have it within 30 days.

I have 10 days Verizon. Send me my phone quick!

0 Likes
arnie58
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered online, after I spoke with a phone rep to change my data plan.  I specifically questioned the rep about the time limit to mail in the old phone for the $650 offer because I knew the new phone would be backordered (my order was placed on Sept. 21, iPhone 7 Plus, 128GB, estimated ship date Nov 11).  I was told 30 days after I got the new phone.  Confirmed it with a later phone call to Verizon because my email confirmation from Verizon on the new phone showed the trade-in device was my wife's phone not mine.  I had to call Verizon to get that straightened out, so I re-asked the question.  Was confirmed again.  They shipped me a box for me to mail them my old device about a week later.

I will follow this thread this to see if someone can get it cleared up once and for all.  If Verizon tries to screw me, I will sue them in small claims court.  It is a joke they are sending mixed messages.

0 Likes