iPhone 7 Plus Backorder
SHAAUD14
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered my phone (matte black iPhone 7 Plus 32 GB) on 9/25 with the expected shipping date of 11/09. Is Verizon planning on getting stock of phones prior to that? If not, is there a way I can cancel my order, keep the $650 trade in deal I was offered, and get a phone in-store? I have a hunch they would have stock sooner. I have had two friends now walk in and out of an Apple store with new phones and I'm getting anxious and frustrated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 7 Plus Backorder
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is exciting to hear about the new phone, SHAAUD14 and I assure you we want nothing more than to get the phone in your hands as soon as possible. I'd be happy to investigate this further for you.

Our shipping procedures are generally predetermined by the inventory the manufacturer has available. In order for us to review your particular order, we would need to access the account. Please reach out to us through our social media, chat or customer care department (1800 922 0204). We hope you have a great day and thank you for being the best part of Verizon.

SteveR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bac0s

Preordered a 7+ as well, on 9/11. Still waiting for it to arrive. Will the $400 trade in for the iPhone 5 still apply? I've had my trade in box for weeks. just waiting for the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bac0sI'm sure you are anxious to get your new phone, what a great selection. The trade-in value is good for 30-days. How long has it been? DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SHAAUD14
Enthusiast - Level 2

If my phone isn't going to ship until 11/09, but I ordered it on 9/25, that exceeds the 30-day window. Will I lose that trade-in value because I was offered and accepted a phone that was not in stock?

sean_m_raymond
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hope they answer soon--I'm in the same boat. It doesn't make sense that they wouldn't honor it since they offered the deal knowing that backorders were exceeding that 30-day window.

AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

I know how important it is to have the promotion that was available when you first placed your order, SHAAUD14. Promotions are subject to the date in which your order was placed, regardless of when you phone is delivered. If you encounter any issues with your promotion when you receive your phone, please reach out to our Social Media team for assistance at:

Twitter.com/VZWSupport

Facebook.com/Verizon

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SHAAUD14,

Thanks for checking in with us on the community forums. We know it's very important that you're able to get your promotion. The way it works depends on how you completed your pre-order. If you ordered online, you'll need to complete your submission for the trade-in within 30 days. If you ordered over the phone with a representative, you would wait until you receive your new phone and activate it. After you've activated the new phone, you would submit for the trade in. Once you've submitted for the trade-in, the time to have everything returned is 12/31. I hope this helps.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Laytonoid
Contributor - Level 1

I have the same question as well. I ordered the matte black 128gb iPhone 7 plus on 9/16. My delivery estimate is 10/26. that is beyond the 30 day window. Even though I ORDERED the phone on 9/16 I can trade in my old phone if my iPhone 7 plus comes on 10/26? That seems kind of dishonest of Verizon seeing how you ALLOWED me to order the phone with trade in despite it being back ordered.

Also, does the trade in iPhone have to be SHIPPED within 30 days or does it have to be at Verizon with 30 days? I am going to be [Removed] if I don't get the 650 trade in if my phone gets here after 10/16. That is total [Removed] and yes, I ordered my phone from the Verizon website not over the phone.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

nitz1964
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered a 32gb matte black 7 plus on 9/20 online with a ship date of 11/2 and was given a 650.00 trade in amount. So if I'm understanding correctly  since I ordered online I only have 30 days from date of order To turn in my trade in to get the full amount. Since my phone won't be in my hands before that date I'm going to be getting the current trade in value at the time I send my old one in.  But if I had called my order in then I would have more than 30 days to return my trade-in and get the full value. Doesn't seem Fair. So I will need to send my phone in before I get my new one and go without for two or three weeks if I want the full trade-in value or start shopping around hoping to find one in stock somewhere by me