Re: iPhone 7 1x 3g LTE switching
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate any details you can provide. Does restarting your phone after leaving the garage improve service? 

EstebanP_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!     K���m��sprinklr.com�

0 Likes
GRETAL11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, restarting my phone will get it back to LTE.  But that is not a fix, and it's extremely inconvenient.  I pull in and out of my garage several times per day, so don't want to have to turn my phone on and off each time.

ZNYC64
Enthusiast - Level 2

I switched from AT&T in early Feb a got a new iphone 7 - I have never had such horrible service everywhere in the NYC metro area. Unless I'm sitting next to or directly under a tower, I get no more than 1 to 3 bars of service, most calls fail, when I get calls often I have to call back because the connection is horrible, and data keeps switching from 1x to 3g.  This happens all the time.  The first step VZW took was to replace the SIM and asked me to wait - so I was out of my 14 day period. I have done all the troubleshooting steps, which took HOURS to complete, and now I'm told my only options are A) send me a replacement phone, or B) I can purchase the phone and switch networks. Thanks, Verizon. Seems the replacement phone is not going to do anything more than any of the troubleshooting did.... so now I'm stuck? this seems like a class action all the way.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying that with us. You can also reset your network settings on your device to switch it back to 4G. This may be an issue with your SIM Card and device still being paired to a specific tower for the best signal possible. Once you leave the area, it is able to send stronger 4G signal to your device. Let us know if picking up a new SIM Card or doing a Network Reset can fix this issue.

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DO21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Switched from ATT 12 days ago have spent the past 3 days running in circles.  The iphone 7 plus flat out will not work with the Verizon CDMA network.  I was able to get the customer service to extend my return policy to get rid of this phone that is incompatible with their network.

0 Likes
ZNYC64
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke with VZW after hours of troubleshooting, SIM replacement, etc. I was told I live in a marginal coverage area.... well, unless all of the greater New York City metropolitan area is a marginal coverage area, it looks like no solution is possible. I'm going to switch to T-Mobile or AT&T at this point.

Anyone have an opinion?

0 Likes
BPickles

Having the same problem on my iphone 7! It is constantly switching to 3G and even 1x. I have tried most of these steps myself and verified the LTE data and voice option was turned on. The only thing that seems to help is switching it to airplane mode and then back off, or turning it off and then on.

I just started to experience this problem when i moved across the country, but my wife's iphone 5 is always in LTE where we are and she has never had any problems.

I hope that verizon and apple can figure this out soon or it might be the best option to switch over to a different carrier for me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry that you are having signal issues on your device. I have the iPhone 7 as well and have not had this issue. Personally, I believe it is based on location. As you mentioned, this did not start until you moved cross country. Let's check your area. What is the zip code there?

0 Likes
SUZKPERRY

I am in Kentucky and have been having the same issue. At first I thought maybe it was limited to my iPhone, but everyone else in my family has android and they too are having the same issues.  I recently traveled to Maryland, just outside of D.C., and had to toggle airplane mode the entire trip, as did my husband.  This is really frustrating to have to keep doing that.  Without wifi, I probably lose service at least 30-40 times a day.  This is causing issues with us not being able to reach or children and vice versa.

0 Likes
MIMI3282

I have had my iPhone 6 for over a year and mine has started showing 1x or 3G. I went to settings and mine was set to data only on enable lte so I changed it to voice & data. Now it shows lte. Will see for how long. Also  recently I've noticed the little wheel spinning at the top like it's trying to download something but everything is closed.  If I power my phone off and then back on it fixes it temporarily

0 Likes