Re: iPhone 7 1x 3g LTE switching
BXFRENZY
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same issue since I got the phone. Never had this issue with any other iPhone on Verizon. Either Apple or Verizon needs to step up and figure this out soon as this is very frustrating.

rmorton0573
Contributor - Level 1

There may be hope. I'm not saying it's fixed, but I just updated to iOS 10.1 Beta 2, and my carrier settings are now 26.0. I noticed My LTE is now stable in areas where it has been switching to 3G. I was dropping calls when using VoLTE too. I turned VoLTE back on and made a few test calls with no issues. I've only been on 10.1 beta 2 a couple of hours now, so lets hope it sticks. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
RMCCAMMAN
Contributor - Level 2

I have yet to experience this issue with carrier setting at 25.1, 25.5 or currently 26.0. 

rmorton0573 - How do you turn OFF VoLTE?  I know how to turn on/off HD Voice, but I thought VoLTE was carrier aggregation?  I am new to Verizon so learning as I go!

0 Likes
DAVLEV98
Enthusiast - Level 3

This issue only affects iPhone 7 users in certain areas of the country.  The issue seems to be related to specific Verizon network configurations for certain areas of the country. 

0 Likes
rmorton0573
Contributor - Level 1

VoLTE and HD Voice is the same thing. Verizon, AT&T, and some others just call it HD Voice. Turn off and on by going to cellular setting and either choosing Voice or Data or Data only.

0 Likes
dave427

ok, i called apple they told me to rest the phone to factory settings by cleaning out the whole phone as  a new factory set up, i did it , and also reset network settings then downloaded back my I Cloud back on phone.  Still something phone goes to 3g !  the verizon store also changed out my a new SIM card, this is unacceptable!!! what is APPLE AND VERIZON gonna do about this? and do it fast to fix it!!!

0 Likes
RyanTV
Enthusiast - Level 2

dave427 - All those solutions are coming from low-level tech support. Restoring your phone is ridiculous as you've more than likes JUST done that when you got your new phone.

Changing the SIM is also a bit ridiculous unless you have a SIM from years ago. I don't kow about you, but my 7+ i bought from Apple came with a new Verizon SIM in it and the phone HAD to be activated with that sim in it.

This is a software issue - probably carrier software related and it seems to be affecting people in certain geographical areas. So certain users using this software on these towers are affected.  At this point, we are at the mercy of Apple and/or Verizon giving us a software update.

For now, I can recommend that you turn off LTE voice. I did it a week ago and it did curb much of this behavior.  To do that, got to Settings App -> Cellular -> Cellular Data Options -> Enable LTE -> and select "Data Only".

This will not allow your phone to access "HD Voice" as it is marketed. It is NOT an acceptable solution by any means, but it will at least hold you over until these 2 giant multibillion companies sort us out.

The lack of official communication about this issue is deplorable at this point. Both Apple and Verizon should really treat their customers better.

0 Likes
JARJEN46

Just wanted to add my two cents. THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING! My wife and I will be driving down the road and she will have full LTE coverage 100% of the time on her 6s. On my 7 I will either have No Service, 1x, and sometimes 3G. Its not until I throw the phone into airplane mode and back out do I see LTE, and even then, I only have the LTE coverage for a min or so.

I am paying WAY too much money to have such horrible coverage, and being month to month, I am ready to dump verizon. They arent holding up to their reputation at this point.

0 Likes
KRIMOR7876

Did not solve problem

0 Likes
allisonc_vzw
Verizon Employee

Verizon Network and Apple are aware of the issue. A permanent resolution is being investigated. A temporary fix is to toggle the different network functions on the device (Airplane Mode, Voice/Data Roaming, HD Voice) on/off.

AllisonC_VZWSupport

0 Likes