iPhone 7 1x 3g LTE switching
jimmyc_
Enthusiast - Level 2

My iPhone 7 keeps switching or sticking to 1x or 3G from LTE. When I put it in and out of Airplane mode it'll go to LTE and stay there awhile. I brought it to the Verizon store and went through the usual "Did you try this?" routine. I know they have to ask these question so I don't fuss about it. I have reset all network settings and reloaded as brand spanking new. Both with no luck. I was told it's not a Verizon problem and I need to wait until Apple releases a fix. This happens inside and outside. Speaking of switching.... I switched from AT&T to Verizon after being with AT&T since the first iPhone. Is anyone else having these issues with their iPhone or Android device in the Boise, Idaho area?

Labels (1)
Re: iPhone 7 1x 3g LTE switching
JohnnyDoe
Contributor - Level 1

I'm having the exact same issues with my iPhone 7 Plus in the Denver, Fort Collins, CO Springs area... it routinely goes to 3G / 1X and I'm constantly having to switch airplane mode on/off to get LTE coverage back. Between the Verizon store and phone customer service I was told the same garbage... 'Reset Network Settings', turn phone off/on, let's try a new sim card, etc... then finally I'm being told it's Apple's issue and they need to issue an update for LTE connectivity issues. So frustrating because my previous iPhone 6S Plus never experienced these issues and I'm using the phone in the exact same locations.

0 Likes
jimmyc_
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sad to say but it's nice to know I'm not alone. We'll have to keep hammering Verizon and Apple. I figure or rather hope that Verizon would not want this as I did not have this issue with AT&T.

0 Likes
JohnnyDoe
Contributor - Level 1

I'm beginning to think it's a Verizon / Carrier Settings issue... reasoning is because I've talked with a few people using AT&T / Sprint in the same area's as me with the new iPhone 7 & 7 Plus and they are not experiencing any of the same issues....ugh!!

I agree with you, I'd hoped that I wouldn't have these issues with Verizon of all carriers... your right, all we can do is keep hammering Verizon & Apple to come out with some sort of fix or issue resolution!!

0 Likes
jasperm_vzw
Verizon Employee

jimmyc!,

I know you rely on your phone just as I do. Let's go over a couple of steps to see if we can get your phone to work properly. Please follow these steps:

From the Home screen, navigate: Settings Settings icon > Cellular.

• Tap the Cellular Data switch to turn on Switch On.
  • Tap Cellular Data Options.
  • Tap Enable LTE.
  • Tap Voice & Data to turn on or off.

Update me on your progress once you have tried this step.

0 Likes
RMCCAMMAN
Contributor - Level 2

This is a USER known issue and seems to be location based.  Verizon nor Apple have made any official comments about the issue.  Hopefullyefull a carrier update will be released soon. 

0 Likes
JohnnyDoe
Contributor - Level 1

I wish that were true, my wife and I did a little driving today - she has an iPhone 6S Plus and I have the 7 Plus. While my phone bounced between 3G / 1X / etc and had a horrible time trying to hold onto the signal, her's was completely fine and held nearly full cellular strength and full LTE all the time. So, I wish it was location based but based on real world samples its phone based from what I can tell and have seen/experienced...

0 Likes
jimmyc_
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found that same "Fix" and am trying it now. I'll update after a few days of leaving just data on for LTE. I assume that is what you meant by the 4th step of "Tap Voice & Data to turn on or off"

Thank you.

0 Likes
JIMCHA85

Having the same issues.... was traveling from Northern Virginia to Charlottesville last night with my new iPhone 7.... on I-95 much of the way.... phone kept switching from LTE to 3G to 1x to No Service.  My wife was with me and her iPhone SE had LTE all the way, just as I always do.  I travel this route a lot for my work. BIG PROBLEM, and we need a fix ASAP.

0 Likes
jimmyc_
Enthusiast - Level 2

Enabling LTE for data only looks to have helped with the issue but..... Now what do we do? I'd like to tear the band-aid fix off and have a real fix in place.

0 Likes