Re: iOS 10/iPhone 7+ constantly dropping service..
username100
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get your frustration, but I was just confirming that a temporary solution put forth on this forum was helpful to me and possibly could be to others.  This forum has nothing to do with "Apple fanboys" as far as I can tell and everything to do with those who have commented wanting the same as you (superior service, etc.)

supar6
Enthusiast - Level 3

I understand.  I was also on their Beta program prior to iOS 10 being released.  I don't however agree regarding the "fanboys".  Wherever there are even two iPhone's, there is at least one fanboy.  🙂

My (and others likely) problem is not a beta release which fixes this issue but a quick major release that fixes all the problems and doesn't leave users stuck on a buggy beta program.  As Roadblocked stated, many are not tech savvy and others are aware of the other problems being on a Beta release.

With my iPhone 6s on Beta 10.0.1, I didn't have signal issues found in iOS 10 w/iPhone 7's beta but encountered dozens of other issues from S Health data disappearing to iMessages sending but not delivering to recipients and other annoying problems.

My point isn't to disrespect anyone helping others to resolve this topics primary issue, just that joining a Beta program which invites a host of other issues isn't a proper answer from one of the largest and most profitable businesses (Carrier and Manufacturer) using its customers as fully paying testers. 

I'd just like an official announcement from Apple and Verizon (I know, won't happen) and more importantly, an official release and resolution. 

0 Likes
IMMO313
Enthusiast - Level 2

instead they should rush out a firmware that may or may not fix the problem?  Samsung tried that and their phones are still blowing up. 

i can tell you I have had the beta installed since Thursday and haven't had issues.

0 Likes
supar6
Enthusiast - Level 3

Of course not.  Apple (and Verizon) should rush a $900 phone to the market instead which is nothing like Samsung's issues.

Lol.

0 Likes
IMMO313
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unlike Samsung, They aren't rushing the fix out till they are certain it works. 

Suha160

I've been having the exact same issue. I've called Verizon, and they told me they're aware of the situation. Apparently they are waiting for Apple to fix it, and it's not on Verizon's end. It's a blame game. I've went to the Apple Store, and they blame Verizon, while Verizon blames Apple. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

0 Likes
JOSRUB75

Hey,

I just signed the petition "Verizon: Get verizon wireless and apple to fix the iphone 7 dropping service issue" and wanted to see if you could help by adding your name.

Our goal is to reach 100 signatures and we need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:

https://www.change.org/p/verizon-get-verizon-wireless-and-apple-to-fix-the-iphone-7-dropping-service...

0 Likes
JOSRUB75

Hey,

I just signed the petition "Verizon: Get verizon wireless and apple to fix the iphone 7 dropping service issue" and wanted to see if you could help by adding your name.

Our goal is to reach 100 signatures and we need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:

https://www.change.org/p/verizon-get-verizon-wireless-and-apple-to-fix-the-iphone-7-dropping-service...

0 Likes
melthefruitfly

I can say that the beta resolved the issue for me. This means it is in fact an Apple issue, and if you don't want to (or can't figure out how to) install the beta, you just have to wait until it's released. A petition isn't going to speed up the software development process. A fix is coming.

Or or just go get the beta. It's pretty easy to do.

0 Likes
Uniquified

I'm glad to hear that the latest 10.1 beta appears to fix the problem but what I'd really like to see is:

1. Apple acknowledge the problem and fix in their beta release notes.

2. Apple issue a 10.0.x update to just fix this problem. I don't want to join the beta program for my day-to-day phone that I use for everything. Or be able to get the Verizon 26.0 carrier update with 10.0.2 if possible (I don't know how tied Apple iOS versions and Verizon carrier information is tied together)

3. At least have Apple support engineers acknowledge the issue and mention the beta when calling. I talked to an Apple support person today that wanted to go through the process of resetting my phone. Blech. I should not know more than them.

0 Likes