Re: iOS 10/iPhone 7+ constantly dropping service..
swalljo

I updated my IPhone 7 to 10.1 which installed Verizon 26.1 and I am stii dropping signal down to nothing on my bar. Yes I tried to reset my network settings and everything else mentioned. I regret upgrading my phone and not moving to a different provider.

0 Likes
davidh_vzw
Verizon Employee

I can tell we have our work cut out for us. Swalljo. After all we don’t want you to leave over this. If performing a "Reset All Settings" (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207095/ ) does not solve this for you, as Apple suggests here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201415 , we recommend for the device to undergo a restore.

0 Likes
DOZERSPIKE

I to am having this problem and I thought it was just me.   I use WAZE a lot for work and I just kept dropping GPS.  and frequently got no service in major markets.   I traveled from Harrisburg to Baltimore on 83S and on 695 E & W around Baltimore and was dropping service frequently.   Very frustrating.  I pulled over and called Verizon and the rep. said it was a know trouble area.  And that proved to me that he didn't know what he was talking about, hello - BALTIMORE 695 and 83 are major routes with fantastic coverage albeit no from an iPhone 7 plus.   So I just gave up on Verizon and decided to google it later...and here I am, glad to know that it wasn't just me.  But sad that this is happening and they don't even know what's causing it.   Hopefully they will be able to fix.   I switched to iPhone from my Samsung Note 7, so one might conclude I only have bad luck.   Thinking about just going to back to the Note 5 until they get this fixed.   Also, why the hell doesn't my iPhone 7 plus play nice with my brand new Subaru.   Just saying.   Figure it out Verizon and Apple!!!! 

0 Likes
jnewell

I am on my second iPhone 7.  I have spent hours with VZW tech support.  We have reset everything and restored the phone multiple times, confirmed that the latest carrier upgrade is installed, tried 10.0.3 and 10.1 - everything and more.  The iPhone  7 simply lags at least one bar behind my wife's iPhone 6 at best and gets "no service" where I've never experienced that before.  I'm really at my wits' end...I need a phone that works as a cellphone, not a mini wifi mobile.

0 Likes
DG971

Hi,

When doing a full-restore, will we need set up the phone as new or restore as a backup?

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi DG971 ​!

I can gladly clarify. In an effort to retain your device content, please restore from backup Perform a Device Restore via iTunes - Apple iPhone 7 / 7 Plus | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Yrrab1946

I have updated the IOS software. Ths was supposed to fix connectivity issues and it was totally useless. I have been getting many dropped calls in a strong signal area. In some instances I am seeing "NO SERVICE".  Never had this issue with my IPhone 6s. It's time for Verizon and Apple to step up to the plate and resolve this ongoing problem.

As as mentioned by other people in the community, Verizon is only interested in the area or zip code you are having problems in and don't seem to get it that it's a network or phone problem.

0 Likes
Ecuaboi
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try doing this. Back up your information through iTunes or iCloud. After that's done, Erase and Reset All settings. What happens there might be a bug in the software itself and the backup might be corrupted. I was having problems before when I had the iPhone 6s last year. I did a back up and erase everything on my phone. I set it up as brand new iPhone. No backup from the cloud. After I got to Welcome to iPhone, my reception was a lot better. I was having problems at work mostly and I was getting my LTE working. Sometimes it goes away because I work for the government and close to the airport so signals are very weak but it was a lot better than getting no service, 1X or a lot of the times 3G but not LTE.

When I tried using the back up from the iCloud so I can see if I get the same results. Unfortunately the problems came back. So just try not restoring from back up. Choose Set as a new iPhone.

See if that works for you.

0 Likes
jnewell

I don't know if this will help anyone else, but it made a huge difference in my iPhone 7 and it cost nothing to try. 

I replaced the sim card in my phone with an absolutely new, virgin sim card from the local VZW store.  For some crazy reason, it took over an hour for the phone, the sim card and the network to talk to each other, but since I replaced the sim card the phone is no longer deaf.  It does seem to be getting  reception roughly on par with my wife's iPhone 6, which is fine.

I can't guarantee this will work for others, but it made a big difference for me - good luck.

0 Likes
AVID_KRAZA9499

I found an interesting way to try and reinstall the update by going to https://ipsw.me/. This site contains the downloadable file for the ios update 10.3.3. What I did was download the file then have iTunes restore my iphone with the new fresh download. Here are the steps:

1. Download from the site ​https://ipsw.me/ . Be sure to look at your phones model number in the back to see if it is a global or gsm phone because you have to download the right file.
  2. Turn off "find my iphone" in settings (icloud)
  3. Sync your iPhone into iTunes.
  4. Before clicking iPhone restore, push and hold alt/ option (mac) or alt (windows) then the iPhone restore to open the systems menu and find the download file of the ios update and click ok.
  5. Follow the prompts and it will erase the phone and reinstall the update to the phone.

In theory we are just reinstalling this because possibly the update might of not installed incorrectly but if it does not work, you can follow the same method above to downgrade back to 10.3.2 if you like, good luck!

0 Likes