Re: iOS 10/iPhone 7+ constantly dropping service..
ibGadabout

Thank you for the update!  There is light at the end of the tunnel. I hope this is actually fixed.

0 Likes
anthonyc_vzw
Verizon Employee

You’re a valued customer and I want you to stay with us, JANDSR. I am truly sorry for the signal issues you’re experiencing after the recent software update. I know I would be upset too. I appreciate you providing us those details, and my number one goal is to find a permanent solution. Can you please clarify the steps you have taken to reset the phone? If the issue started right after a software update then we recommend a restore through iTunes. You can find the steps here:  http://apple.co/1q6WghU . Keep us posted.

0 Likes
allisonc_vzw
Verizon Employee

I want you to have the best experience possible, PikesPeakJeeper. You and your family are valued members of our family and we do not want to see you leave. Verizon Network and Apple are aware of the issue. A permanent resolution is being investigated. A temporary fix is to toggle the different network functions on the device (Airplane Mode, Voice/Data Roaming, HD Voice) on/off.

AllisonC_VZW

0 Likes
IMMO313
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you haven't, sign up for the Beta Program.

Apple Beta Software Program

0 Likes
NJBLUEEYEZ34
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same exact problem, in New Jersey, my son and I both got our iPhone 7 the same day, he is in Boston and has the exact same issue. Verizon initially said there was no problem, then they said it was the SIM card, replaced the SIM card, my son went to Apple, they replaced his phone, no resolution to the problem.  I suffer drop outs and loss of network constantly.  Verizon should send a string and two tin cans, it would be better than this.

0 Likes
Cubbybear46

Hello everyone I just updated my iOS 10.1 beta 2 and would like to report that carrier settings have been updated to 26.0. I do not seem to be experiencing any dropped LTE at this point.

0 Likes
AUNTYMCP
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having the same problem, which I never had before with the iphone 6. I live in the suburbs of NYC which always has had a strong signal.

this is a major problem when using maps.

0 Likes
username100
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been mentioned a few times, but worth repeating.  If you sign up for the beta (iOS 10.1), you'll be updated to carrier settings 26.0 and this seemingly solves the problem. 

0 Likes
Roadblocked
Enthusiast - Level 3

Cool info but if it truly fixes the issue Verizon needs to push 26.0 out now - not force people to sign up for apple’s beta program.  Sure some of us can do it - but the average consumer is not going to have a clue

supar6
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes.  The beta release is rumored to resolve the well documented and user complaints of extremely unreliable and sometimes total loss of service but the p I've found is while it may resolve our current issues, you'll also be a monkey to discover others far quicker than most. 

Beta is a needed concept but not acceptable to most as a full and quick resolution to very expensive problems which should have been vetted and tested in contrary to a hasty phone release for financial pleasure.

Some of us are not Apple fanboys and simply want to pay for the best phone and more importantly, receive a superior product that can connect our calls, texts and GPS directions without sacrifices of $900 to test their product for them.

Disappointing year for many manufacturers of cell products without doubt.

0 Likes