Re: iOS 10/iPhone 7+ constantly dropping service..
ButchV
Enthusiast - Level 2

Love how all these random support agents respond to everyone with PMs, etc and not one response to me, who initiated the thread.  Classic.

DAVLEV98
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also love how clueless these random Tier 1 support agents are on this known issue.  It's sad that Verizon is remaining silent on this known issue affecting their customers.  Nor do they appear to provide internal memos to these Tier 1 support agents on this issue. It's bad enough Verizon customers are having this connection issue.  But they also have these Tier 1 agents wasting their customer's time by telling them to restore their phone, exchange Sim cards and exchange phones.  All which doesn't address this known issue with the iPhone 7 and certain areas of the country. Very poor customer service in my opinion!

0 Likes
DAVLEV98
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
LAWHAN11

This is unbelievable.  When using LTE calls go to voicemail. Did all the resets, restarts nothing helps, signal  starts going down and calls go to voicemail. Maybe we all need to go to the Verizon stores on the same day and demand a refund and different phone.

iphone 7, iOS 10.0.2, zip 07675

0 Likes
supar6
Enthusiast - Level 3

For what it's worth, I have a 6s without any issues, a Galaxy S6 and Note 7... none with any issues except my new iPhone 7 Plus 128GB.  Zip code is 76040.  My phone use is constant as it's my only phone.  I use it for business primarily with some personal use.

Some users aren't "casual" users and depend on a Carrier and Vendor using an Enterprise mentality because there are some of us that have to live up to the "Enterprise" name (in a world where that has no meaning to some).  Time is money. 

This isn't to take any complaint away from users in any other areas of business, however my point is... imagine you're a "Network Engineer" for Verizon who is on call 24x7 for major incidents/outages.  However, you can't respond properly to a major incident because the iPhone you've decided to purchase and Provider to use thinks of their network as "Consumer" grade, not "Enterprise" worthy.  Therefore, Verizon's network backbone will be down for an extra few hours because people have to email or text. I know my Director and CIO won't care.  Neither will our customers.  Apple certainly won't as  they have no Enterprise product.

I have more respect for Verizon than I do Apple in regards to understanding what "SLA's" are and "Uptime" along with "Serviceability".  Apple has no concept of any of those things and never has.  They do understand money though, so I'm returning my iPhone 7Plus  today and either opting for a Note 7 or Pixel XL.  No choice.  Can't risk any aspect of my job just to use an Apple device that seems worse (design and function) than the previous years model for a bigger price tag.  "Profit" is the only thing Apple understands.

It cost them $220 to make new iPhone 7 Plus (or less).  Wish they would have spent $250 and ensured the phone was usable.  People want a phone not "fixed" after it's been sold.  But before they are duped into buying a flawed product.

0 Likes
IMMO313
Enthusiast - Level 2

iOS 10.1 Beta 2 AND Verizon 26.0 seem to fix this issue....  

0 Likes
username100
Enthusiast - Level 2

@IMMO313, That's the most reassuring thing I've heard!  Does Verizon 26.0 only come with the Apple beta update?

0 Likes
IMMO313
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes....

0 Likes
VZW_Apple_Luv
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm still having poor service but luckily I can use my phone inside now with iOS10.1 beta and VZW 26

0 Likes
SW1952
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also installed iOS Beta 10.2 (which also installed Verizon 26.0) and after also turning back on Voice over LTE today I got no "no service" notices after driving from home (New Jersey 08831) to Staten Island (10306) to Brooklyn (11230) and back running Apple Maps. Never saw it drop out of LTE - though I did get only 2 or 3 dots many times. Now whether the "fix" was part of the iOS update, the Verizon carrier update or a combination of both - who the heck knows!

So at least it seems there is a light at the end of this screwed up tunnel.

(Of course, everything on my iPhone 7 could change for the worse tomorrow.......)

0 Likes