Re: iOS 10/iPhone 7+ constantly dropping service..
gonzo14

Issue with me also in West Des Moines, ia.  zip code 50265.  used 6s plus for over a year, and no issues.  Didnt test it much on ios 10, so cant say if the version update did the damage.   But when upgrading to iphone 7, and upgrading ios 10 to latest version, it is happening to me.  dropped calls like CRAZY!!  I have to constantly call my business partners back!!  What a PITA!!!  NEVER have I had service like this before!!  TERRIBLE, like back in the stone age, when I had my iphone 3g back in 2008 with At&t!  Exactly the same!!  I switched off the data and voice to just cell data, and its working fine so far, but I want my HD VOICE BACK!!  Ticket number with Verizon on this issue is 102095-091716.  Please be sure you add yourself to this ticket, and state zip code and if the issue happened before upgrading to iphone 7, or ios 10!!  thanks!

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

We want to exhaust all options to get your service working properly on your iPhone 7 Plus, A244779. I'm glad to read that the sim card was replaced. Let's look deeper into this issue together. What zip code are you having dropped services in? Also, what's the exact iOS and carrier version that you have installed?

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us to Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
supar6
Enthusiast - Level 3

iPhone 7 Plus - 128GB here.  Having the same issues with LOW to NO service in areas where my 6s has no issues.  Apple (IMO) has always had a lower signal than my other non-Apple phones for the area I'm in.  However never just flat out dropped my GPS, calls and data.

Driving through what's usually a 4-5 bar (full coverage) service area, I shouldn't drop calls.  This has happened since I got the phone a few days ago.  It was instantly noticeable.

Had a friend with a Note 7 stop over and sit in the exact same spot.  I also had a Note 7 before the recall.  No explosions but what we both noticed was the Note had 3 bars of service sitting in the exact same spot.  My 6s had two and brand new iPhone 7, one bar to "no service".  I can't miss calls so if either Verizon or Apple doesn't get their $900 problem resolved, I'll be returning my iPhone 7 Plus.  I was a little disappointed to begin with for making the new iPhone worse than it's previous year but the reason I stuck with Apple was speed and reliability.

Paying almost $900 for any phone that can barely operate as one isn't a part of my 2017 plan.  Lol.

0 Likes
A244779
Enthusiast - Level 1

zip code is 03062 and iOS 10.0.01 on iPhone 7 black 128GB

0 Likes
VZW_Apple_Luv
Enthusiast - Level 1

zip code 30318, iOS 10.0.2, Verizon 25.1 , iPhone 7+ 128GB

0 Likes
ibGadabout

I have the same issues.  I have a 7plus 256Gb.  85249.  Phone constantly loses LTE connection.  I do real estate and drive all over everyday and use Maps a lot, it constantly loses me, and tells me to return to route.  switches off LTE and drops to 3G.  My wife has a iPhone 6. and at the same times i'm experiencing problems, she has none. I'm using iOS 10.0.2

0 Likes
alicias_vzw
Verizon Employee

supar6,

Oh my! A brand new phone isn’t supposed to be giving you these dropped calls or no service. Let’s dig into this issue to figure this out. I’m going to send you a Private Message. Please reply back to me in the Private Message to continue. Thanks!

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
joelr_vzw
Verizon Employee
0 Likes
SW1952
Enthusiast - Level 3

Might as well add my info to this thread.

iPhone 7 iOS 10.0.2 Verizon 25.1 Home Zip Code 08831

Issued happened 5 times driving through NJ and PA in a 36 hour period. Read the suggestion about turning off Voice over LTE and the problem of no service has not occurred, but my iPhone is constantly showing weaker signals than my wife's iPhone 6+ (running the same software versions).

This is something that Verizon and Apple NEED to straighten out quickly.

0 Likes
CHREAT27
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's getting worse, dropping calls all over the place now, dropping to 3G, when is verizon and apple going to admit they can't fix this?

0 Likes