Re: iOS 10/iPhone 7+ constantly dropping service..
DAVLEV98
Enthusiast - Level 3

Besides the many other threads on this forum reporting this issue, below are a couple of other threads on another popular forum:

Verizon iPhone 7 Users Afflicted With LTE Connectivity Problems - Mac Rumors

Carrier - iPhone 7 Plus "No Service" (VZW) | MacRumors Forums

Why is Verizon remaining quiet on this issue affecting their customers ?

0 Likes
VZW_Apple_Luv
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good news everyone, Apple has opened an engineering ticket for this issue.  I emailed the forum links to the tier 2 support to show them that there were several users with the issue.  Hopefully we'll have something soon from Apple.

0 Likes
JohnnyDoe
Contributor - Level 1

DAVLEV98 good information and it's nice to see the complaints gaining some traction in the press... now we can only hope some sort of fix is released soon!

0 Likes
leverlock01
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey everyone... just thinking here... what has been one major change from the previous phone(s) to the 7? One of those changes (for the better?) was a redesigned antenna. Sure, we can hope its software or some technical issue with the modem and an update of some sort will fix it. But... I've been a radio hobbyist for a long time and this is a radio we're talking about here. From the tower to the phone in your hand there are RF waves going back and forth. The antenna matters. A lot. Don't kid yourself, the verizon towers and equipment in those buildings underneath and on the towers are highly complex and sophisticated devices. But they can't do the job if they can't "talk" to the phone through the RF spectrum. I haven't dug into the design changes with the 7 antennas but I'm inclined to wonder if something with that is causing these connectivity problems. Remember the infamous "you're holding it wrong" because our hands were acting as conduit from the antenna band to the casing effectively diminishing the signal of the phone to and from the tower. In radio, the antenna design and placement is in most cases as equally important as the equipment its hooked up to. You can certainly overcome bad antenna designs or placement limitations with higher power but this is not allowed for our phones. Not unless we want burned hands. (I kid, sorta). Anyway, I'm all in as part of the apple ecosystem so I'm with you in hoping that this can be fixed with software. Until then holding off on the upgrade.

0 Likes
DAVLEV98
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't think it's an antenna issue.  This is location based.  Meaning the way the Verizon network is setup and the frequencies used in certain locations is causing an issue with the radio software in the iPhone 7. You are forgetting there is also a new radio chip in the iPhone 7 and also new software and drivers running this new chip.

The reason I state it's only location based is because I only had this issue why visiting New York City for 5 days last week.  I had this issue consistently all around New York City.  When I arrived back in my hometown of Atlanta, the issue completely disappeared.

0 Likes
username100
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do think it's location based, but I live in NYC and my phone generally works fine there, but as soon as I leave the city for Westchester county, NJ, or CT, the issue happens again. 

0 Likes
leverlock01
Enthusiast - Level 1

So we have this. Now if we can find data on what bands are used in the locations where the most problems are occurring then maybe that will shed more light on the problem. Of course I'm sure some engineer is already hot on the trail, right?

Screen Shot 2016-09-30 at 11.34.11 AM.png

0 Likes
VZW_Apple_Luv
Enthusiast - Level 1

You would be incorrect because I am in ATL and I'm having the same issue as everyone else. It is a hardware/software issue. My iPhone 6s side by side has full coverage and my 7 plus does not.

0 Likes
DAVLEV98
Enthusiast - Level 3

Interesting!! Maybe certain areas of ATL are running different freq bands then other areas of ATL.

It's weird that I had this issue visiting NYC for 5 days, but haven't yet had this issue while in my parts of ATL.

Whatever it is...Verizon needs to address their customers and let us know they are working to resolve this issue!

0 Likes
m3jasper

I am also having the same issues everyone is describing here.

Called tech support again today for a third time and they are asking that we help diagnose the issue for them. When we experience the LTE->3G->1x drop, they asked me to dial *3001#12345* and select the option for "serving call measurements" and to screen shot the results. Then they're asking that I call tech support again and share the screen shot.

The 1st tier rep apologized and said she's literally been receiving the same call non-stop all day. The three previous calls were the exact same issues as mine with an iPhone 7. I was the fourth in a row...

0 Likes