Re: iOS 10/iPhone 7+ constantly dropping service..
JIMCHA85

We live in zip 22963, but the issue is happening all around the Charlottesville area as well as between here and where I work in DC.  My iPhone 6 worked without issue, and my wife's iPhone 6s still works great. My iPhone 7 constantly cycles between LTE, 3G, 1x, and No Service... very frustrating.

0 Likes
ROBSMI37

I live in just south of SLC UT and I currently have this issue. I most commonly see the problem happen when I have 1 bar of signal and i'm on Wifi. Turning off Wifi and attempting it to force over to LTE causes me to lose signal entirely and will sometimes either just say "no service" or goes 1x to 3G then it will just sit at 3G unless i either restart the phone, or toggle airplane mode (turning it on and waiting 10 seconds then turning it off) seems to get the signal back. If i'm in a low reception area the connection will just drop back down to "no servicer, 1x, 3g" in that order.

0 Likes
vzwarlington
Enthusiast - Level 3

Lots of discussion here (linked earlier above): http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-7-plus-no-service-vzw.1997680

Latest word today Carrier - iPhone 7 Plus "No Service" (VZW) | Page 22 | MacRumors Forums

indicates VZW and Apple are very aware of the issue and working to find a solution.  No ETA but at least we know they're working on it!

0 Likes
VZW_Apple_Luv
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here in ATL zip 30318. My 6S has full service but 7+ has one bar of service 😞

0 Likes
Roadblocked
Enthusiast - Level 3

Bet a VZW rep replies to this post with

'we are sorry you're having trouble with your device - have you tried restarting it? we want you to get the best possible experience.'

hey! I did it! am I hired?

0 Likes
JohnnyDoe
Contributor - Level 1

Haha... yes 'Roadblocked' your hired on! Went to the Verizon store today and went the through the same rediculous troubleshooting techniques... did you reset network settings? Have you turned the phone off/on again? Have you replaced your SIM card? Yeah... that was the extent of their knowledge...

Soooo the trouble continues and still no fix from Apple or Verizon...

0 Likes
JSAND805

I have the same issue! I'm in Phoenix and I'll be driving and then it will lose service (no service) then it will kick back on after I put it on airplane mode then take it off!

0 Likes
JOSRUB75

i'm having the same exact issue here in NY, i have an iphone 7 and my wife has a iphone 6 running ios9, i also have an ipad running ios 9,  first day i got it i was traveling around in NY and NJ and kept losing service completely while driving, then i realized that even when i do have service half of the time it was on 3G, i reset network settings and changed sim but to no avail, i called in yesterday and spoke to tier 2 tech support and she advised me that i will need to do a restore with itunes and reload software and that will fix the issue she says some files were missing from the software, she also had me a run a diagnostic report on the device, was busy with this for 3-4 hours late night and now i leave my house headed to work and i see myself with 3G again and checked my ipad at the same time and it has full bars LTE

0 Likes
UNDEROATHCHICA

returning mine today. My old iPhone 5 runs better. what a joke

0 Likes
crzyc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue.  Using phone in 02917 and 02874.

Dropping to 3G and/or 1x on iPhone 7 128GB model.  Called VZ tech support and they had me reset network settings, reboot phone, etc.  No change to the level of service. 

My co-workers with iPhone 6 models have no issue.

0 Likes