Re: iOS 10/iPhone 7+ constantly dropping service..
davidgolfer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm just having poor signal even in areas where signal should be strong. Mostly on 2 bars very seldom do I get 3 bars even at work where signal should be 4 to 5.

MarkM82
Enthusiast - Level 2

+1 for switching enable LTE to data only. This resolved my phone constantly dropping connection, but like was said it's not a permanent solution as you lose HD calling. Definitely a welcome "fix" until something permanent is released.

ANNLAR67
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having this same problem with my phone randomly going into "No Service" mode, have been back and forth with Verizon, with them having me do all of this troubleshooting, which none of it worked, so I found this thread and read DIAPAV59's post to set your LTE to Data Only, and that worked! But obviously it shouldnt have to be like that and something else needs to be done, as it sounds like its an issue for a few people anyways.I even pointed Verizon to this thread and they are still wanting me to troubleshoot. So frustrating!!

andrewt_vzw
Verizon Employee

CHRGUE33,

I always want to make sure you can use your phone and stay connected! That is incredibly important. What is your zip code? Are any other users having this trouble?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
CHRGUE33

Andrew:

See my original post regarding this issue.  I have been experiencing the dropping from LTE to 3G to 1x since the day I received my iPhone 7 on launch day.  I went into the Verizon store in Scottsdale, AZ and was able to show them the issue.  They felt it was the SIM card, so they swapped it out for a new one.  It did not resolve the issue.  So, I did a Reset Network Setting in General settings on the phone.  Still no luck fixing this issue.  I called Verizon support on Thursday to report the problems.  I was told I would get a text with a ticket number, but never received anything.  I went to the Apple Store at the Scottsdale Quarter yesterday (Friday) and showed them some screenshots of it happening outside the store.  As a result, they ended up giving me a new iPhone.  However, the problem still persists.  At this point, I can tell you it happens throughout Scottsdale, AZ (85260, 85255, 85251 are the local places I have been over the past week).  Furthermore, I was in San Jose and Palo Alto Monday to Wednesday this week.  I did not notice/see it happening once during that trip.  Not sure if this is a problem with the modem, carrier settings, iPhone software/firmware.  My wife's iPhone 6 does not exhibit any of these issues.

Any help you can offer would be great.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Likes
username100
Enthusiast - Level 2

To add to CHRGUE33's post, I've had the same issue.  It doesn't come down to a problem in specific zip codes, it is a problem anywhere I go with my phone (i.e., NJ, CT, NY).  I contacted Verizon for trouble shooting and they said it was a low service/reception problem, but that showed me they didn't listen to my actual description of the problem. This problem happens no matter where I am and it did not happen with my previous iPhone 6s on iOS 9 in many of these same places.  I contacted Apple and they advised getting a new sim card, but that didn't work.  Restoring the phone didn't work.  Resetting network settings doesn't work, and even some of the temporary fixes in this forum don't work for me.

I keep getting the same canned response from Verizon (i.e., "Whats your zip code. It's important that you are connected.").  If that's true, then someone should be contacting us to troubleshoot this.  I switched from ATT to Verizon for improved service, but it's worse. 

0 Likes
CHRGUE33

I should add that this problem did not exist on my iPhone 6S using iOS 9 or iOS 10.

0 Likes
justinwjones

I have this exact same problem in the Phoenix metro area also on my iPhone 7 (not plus). I live out in queen creek  (85142) but commute to an office by sky harbor (85008). Multiple times per day I will pick up the phone and it's in no service. Much more frequently it drops from LTE to 3G. 90% of the time I check it it's either in 3G or no service. Went to apple last night and they want to replace the phone but it's a jet black one and no stores have them in stock right now, but it sounds like a replacement might not fix it. It's possible we got a couple with manufacturing issues I guess. I never had this issue with my 6s. I am going to try disabling LTE for voice but I agree with everyone else this is not the long term solution.

0 Likes
CHRPRU42

Hello Andrew,

I'm also experiencing the same exact issue going from LTE->3G-> 1X. I was missing calls and not getting texts. 4 hours of trouble shooting between VZW and Apple including wiping the phone clean and starting again and nothing worked.  Finally I switched to my old 6S SIM card in the new 7 and it seemed better until the next day I noticed I spend most of my time in 3G. I noticed on another post the carrier setting of 25.1 may be the issue. My cousin has the 7plus with carrier VZW carrier 25.2 and says he has no problems at all. They're sending me a new IPhone 7 tomorrow because in addition to this issue the GpS signal goes in and out and I need to restart my phone at least 6 times a day. Unfortunately after reading other posts I'm not sure a new phone will fix the key signal issue.

0 Likes
CHRGUE33

Is he on Verizon or T-Mobile.  They updated T-Mobile to 25.2, but I am not seeing anything indicating Verizon is above 25.1

0 Likes