WiFi calling with Emergency address on iPhone 7
BMilVA

Does anyone know how the Emergency Address actually transmits to 911?  We live across a river from the closest cell tower and on two occasions when I had to use 911 I reached a dispatcher for the county across the river and had to be redirected.  Big problem if I had been physically endangered.  The Emergency Address may solve this problem unless we lose WiFi  

When turned on, Wi-Fi Calling may improve call quality while indoors.

1. From the Home screen, navigate: Settings Settings icon > Phone.
    Note If using an eSIM with a second line, select a line (e.g., Primary, Secondary, 888-888-8888, etc.) then proceed to step 2.
  2. Tap Wi-Fi calling.
  3. Tap Update Emergency Address.
    CautionThis info gets transmitted to the emergency dispatcher for all 911 calls made over a Wi-Fi network. If address validation fails then you are prompted to enter a new address until a valid address is entered.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: WiFi calling with Emergency address on iPhone 7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BMilVA-

I definitely understand the importance of being able to reach 911 when most needed. When it comes to Wi-Fi Calling, in order to offer voice service over the internet, Verizon is required by the FCC to support 911 calls and collect a registered location to enable the service. By registering an address, you’re providing information that determines how your 911 call will be routed. This information will be provided to emergency services if you’re unable to report your physical location.

When using Wi-Fi Calling, 911 calls will always try cellular service in the local market first, even when the device is in Airplane Mode or cellular service is off. If cellular service isn't available and the user has set up Wi-Fi Calling, the 911 call will route using the registered address.

Here are more details about Wi-Fi Calling- Emergency Address https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/

CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes