Why doesn't my iPhone work inside my home?
GerardM260

I have a very peculiar situation. I am unable to use the telephone on my iPhone 7, which I have through my employer, in my home. I have to step outside to talk on the phone. M wife has an iPhone 6 which she can use in the house with no trouble at all.

Very frustrating!

Thanks,

Gerry

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone doesn't work inside my home
Weth
Legend

Do you have home wifi? Just turn on wifi calling and problem solved.

Settings / Phone / Wi-Fi Calling

Turn on Wi-Fi Calling on this iPhone

You will need to enter an emergency address. Use your home address since that is when you are likely to be on wifi calling

While you are there, turn on Prefer Wi-Fi while roaming - this will let you use wifi calling overseas which allows you to call back to US with no International charges.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Do you have home wifi? Just turn on wifi calling and problem solved.

Settings / Phone / Wi-Fi Calling

Turn on Wi-Fi Calling on this iPhone

You will need to enter an emergency address. Use your home address since that is when you are likely to be on wifi calling

While you are there, turn on Prefer Wi-Fi while roaming - this will let you use wifi calling overseas which allows you to call back to US with no International charges.

0 Likes
GerardM260

Thank you. I will try it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having reliable service is a must, GerardM260. As Weth mentioned, WiFi calling is a great in-home solution. It is a bit concerning that your wife’s iPhone 6 works just fine inside the home but your new iPhoen 7 does not. Has your iPhone 7 ever worked in your home? How far away from the home before your service returns? What services aren’t working?

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BEAMAR65

I have the WiFi on and it still doesn't work.  I live near a bridge and there is excellent service across the street and down past the bridge.  HELP!  I will be working from home soon and it is crucial I have service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Beamar65 We are sorry to learn your Wi-Fi is not working at this time. To clarify if this is the first time you are setting it up, you will need to be in a location that has good coverage. Have you previously set up Wi-Fi Callin? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes