Why doesn't my headphone cable work?
Mbinaz85

Why doesn't my headphone cable work? Since 10.3.1 update phone displays message that "the accessory is not supported by this iphone" making it impossible to use regular (not Bluetooth headphones.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why doesn't my headphone cable work?
deloused
Master - Level 3

What is the model of headphones you're using?

0 Likes
Mbinaz85

Yurbuds Inspire 300

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Yeah that is odd it should work, does it recognize any other headset type with the adapter cord?

0 Likes
Sheri490

I'm having the same issue, im using  The iPhone 7, even tried the new update, still not working. I am using the cable that came with the phone and it is not working.

0 Likes
Sheri490

I have tried the apple cord that came with the phone, sound works for  about a minute and a half and then it gives me the error message:  this assessory is not supported by this iPhone.  I have also used other adapters that worked well with prior updates of the phone. Now since the new update and the one before it, it has not worked.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sheri490,

I use my headphones all the time, and know how important they are. Let's see what's going on. I've checked some resources and I'm not showing that this is a known issue. I see that you mentioned that you have tried non-Apple headphones and the same thing happened after a minute or so.

To clarify, this did not start happening until the last two updates? In other words, have you had the issue at all before these updates? Have you tried Bluetooth wireless headphones too?

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sheri490

The wireless headphones worked until my dog ate them.  It is been in the last few months maybe a month and a half that the ear phones do not work anymore. I think it was the last update was when they stopped working entirely,  apart from about a minute and a half into any song or video and then they would not work again for a while.  The ear phones worked fine when I got the phone in December.  I do believe that it was two updates ago. And other people have had this issue lately also that I have noticed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sheri490,

Thank you for that clarification. Have you checked the port? Does it look abnormal in any way? Discoloration?

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my  response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my  response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in  advance for your help with this!

0 Likes