Why do my photos upload to my PC as videos from my IPhone 7?
KATMCC8

I went to upload my photos for the first time since upgrading to the IPhone 7 and for some reason all the photos tried to upload as videos... It took way longer to upload to my pc and cause all kinds of errors in the files, which has never happened to me before. I was not able to delete the photos from my phone because I am concerned that half of them didn't upload at all. My PC is only a few years old, running on either Windows 8 or 10, I'm not sure which. HELP!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why do my photos upload to my PC as videos from my IPhone 7?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KATMCC8, we have the answers that you need about your picture uploads. Did you have any problems with your regular videos? What error messages did you get? iPhones now have a great new feature with your photos called live photos. This allows you to have a few seconds of video every time you take a picture when you click on it. Does this help explain what you are experiencing?

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KATMCC8

I'm aware of the live photo, and it is great on my IPhone, but I think that must be what is causing the issue when I am trying to move the photos to my PC. I don't have any issues with the videos, just the photos. I am not sure my PC is recognizing the format, and it is just not uploading them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We will figure out what is going on with your backup, KATMCC8. What happens when you try to upload? Are you doing this with iTunes or your computer's file manager?

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KATMCC8

I am just using my computer's file manager. When I plug my phone into my laptop it asks if I want to upload the photos.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We see! Have you contacted the manufacturer of your PC?

0 Likes
KATMCC8

No, because the computer has not changed. I had no problems uploading pictures from my IPhone 5s... the problem began when I traded that phone it for the IPhone 7 and tried to upload my pictures. I am guessing it is because of the new live photos feature, so I was hoping there may be a way to either turn that off when I go to upload my photos, or if there is some other way around it.

0 Likes