Re: Why can't I send pictures to non iPhone users
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TeoRains, thanks for trying that step. No worries, we can keep trying to troubleshoot to resolve the issue. Check the MMS setting and make sure it is turned on. Let us know what you find. 

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
Danawell1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue...tried all the above too. I usually have to send all photos to Samsung users via FB mesenger or What’s App which is crazy. 

dannydan469
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here. Mine worked for a few days and then nothing. I can't send or receive pictures or videos from non-iphone users. 

Can someone tell me why we are paying insane prices to Verizon when the phones don't work as promised. Sounds like they have breached the contract to me....

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is concerning to hear, we want to ensure that you are able to message corretly, are you connected to Wi-Fi when you are sending the messages? GenevieveB_VZW

0 Likes
Deenice88
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue with new iPhone XS. SMS and MMS are both turned on. It will not send a photo to non iPhone users.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of having the ability to send SMS and MMS messages. We're here to help. How long have you been having this issue? Can you describe exactly what happens when you attempt to send an SMS or MMS message to a non iPhone user? JoelD_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Why can't I send pictures to non iPhone users?
CatCation

You need to have mobile data turned on, which is the way that your phone is able to send pictures/MMS to devices that only support SMS/MMS texting. 

0 Likes
ajlaar
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife is having this same issue as well.  I have tried everything started above and elsewhere with no success.  I am not having any problems however, I am on an essential phone. We just switched to Verizon last week and are regretting this decision.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want you to feel this way! Having reliable service is a must. Let's work on this together. What type of phone do you have currently? Have you tried any troubleshooting within the past 24 hours? MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
LauraIorio
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has there been a fix to this issue?