Why Is The Volume So Low On My iPhone 7?
JEFSTO62
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just received my new iPhone 7 (previously had an iPhone 6) and the volume in the earpiece is way too quiet! I have the volume all the way up and it's still not loud enough. I started having the same problem with my old phone, but I thought it was just because it was old. I tried a friend's iPhone and the volume was much louder for her. Is it something in my settings? I don't understand.. please help. I'm tired of having every phone call on speaker!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Volume Not Loud Enough
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JEFSTO62,

Congratulations on the new iPhone 7! I’m saddened to see that the volume is so low on this device. Let’s make sure we check a few things. New phones come with a light film overlay on the screen. Was that removed? Please go to Settings, Sound & Haptics. While in that screen, please make sure that the volume is all the way up. Do you have a case or cover on your phone? If so, what happens when you remove the case or cover? Does the volume sound better?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JEFSTO62,

Congratulations on the new iPhone 7! I’m saddened to see that the volume is so low on this device. Let’s make sure we check a few things. New phones come with a light film overlay on the screen. Was that removed? Please go to Settings, Sound & Haptics. While in that screen, please make sure that the volume is all the way up. Do you have a case or cover on your phone? If so, what happens when you remove the case or cover? Does the volume sound better?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

JEFSTO62
Enthusiast - Level 1

That fixed my problem - thanks!

0 Likes