Why Is One Of My iPhones Using More Data Than The Rest?
JMONA62
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have 3 I-phone 7's and one of the three's data consumption is extremely high even though all of the settings on all the phones are the same....what is going on?    Went into cellular and adjusted things but the one phone uses up data like crazy - the old phone for that number (iPhone 4s) didn't do that so why is this particular 7 doing this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data use
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The difference in data usage may be due to the fact that the iPhone 4S is only a 3G phone. Newer phones have access to more bandwidth on the LTE network, and thus, some applications may do things like load higher quality images, video, or audio.

Go to Settings > Cellular and check the application list to see what is consuming the most data. The iPhone will break the data down by app from the last time the iPhone's counters were reset. If you're not sure, scroll all the way down to the bottom of this menu, click reset, then allow the phone a couple of days to eat data to see what the culprit us.

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The difference in data usage may be due to the fact that the iPhone 4S is only a 3G phone. Newer phones have access to more bandwidth on the LTE network, and thus, some applications may do things like load higher quality images, video, or audio.

Go to Settings > Cellular and check the application list to see what is consuming the most data. The iPhone will break the data down by app from the last time the iPhone's counters were reset. If you're not sure, scroll all the way down to the bottom of this menu, click reset, then allow the phone a couple of days to eat data to see what the culprit us.

JMONA62
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you

0 Likes