When will iPhone 7 /7 plus call issues be fixed and why aren't customers being notified of the problem before being sold the phone?
Adblack
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just upgraded to an iPhone 7 plus 2 days ago. I am in AZ in zip 85379. Since the upgrade my outgoing call quality is terrible. The people I call either hear complete silence or the my voice breaks up and they have no idea what I'm saying. My inbound calls are not much better. Multiple times when I've answered the phone it is silent like the call is having trouble connecting and I can't hear the person on the other end and they can't hear me. I never have more than the first two dots of service strength and if I move around it often drops to one or none. Three of my calls so far today have been dropped and I suspect it would be more but I haven't been using the phone very much because the call quality is bad and I know people won't be able to hear me. I did a little research online and found that this is a widespread problem with this phone. Is there anything that can be done about it?  I am current on all software updates. I'm so frustrated that I wasn't made aware of this issue when I ordered the phone, especially since I don't have a "home phone".   I'm supposed to be scheduling an appliance delivery for tomorrow and now I'm worried I either won't get the call from the company or they won't be able to hear me and the call will fail/drop.  I have been a very long time customer of Verizon but am so disappointed in the company now.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When will iPhone 7 /7 plus call issues be fixed and why aren't customers being notified of the problem before being sold the phone?
allisonc_vzw
Verizon Employee

Having good call quality is what we strive for, Adblack. Dropping calls definitely is not fun. Since you just got the phone, I want to make sure that all the packing material has been removed from your new device. The packing material can block sound significantly and cause poor call quality.

Do you have WiFI? Are you using WiFi calling? I want to ensure that you get your appliances delivered.

-Allison

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: When will iPhone 7 /7 plus call issues be fixed and why aren't customers being notified of the problem before being sold the phone?
Adblack
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have enabled wifi calling in the short term. As for the packaging, it was all removed and the phone is not in a case so there shouldn't be anything interfering with the signal.

0 Likes
veronicam_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thanks so much for the feedback. We want to make sure all is set up correctly. Thanks for enabling the wifi calling. Can you please tell me if any others are having this same problem? Is the software up to date?

0 Likes
Adblack
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I stated in the original post the software is up to date. There is no one else in my household, however, after reading other posts and researching online there are A LOT of other people having this problem nationwide with this phone which makes it more frustrating. It is not confined to my home. It happens outside, it happens when I'm driving in the car to anywhere else (not confined to a specific area of town), it happens at other people's homes across the city. It is so bad that I text now instead of trying to call anyone. I need a solution. 

0 Likes
stevenm_vzw
Verizon Employee

We’re going to stop at nothing to ensure you have a fully working phone Adblack. When the call issues happen, do you notice your phone is low on battery? Also have you powered the phone off/on since the issue started?

StevenM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Adblack
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, it has nothing to do with the battery level.   I have turned the phone off and on multiple times. It has no effect.

0 Likes
joelr_vzw
Verizon Employee

Adblack, we are still here to improve your call quality. Please "Reset all Settings" and test. Reset All Settings - Apple iPhone 7 / 7 Plus | Verizon Wireless  Let us know what your results are.

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Or perhaps you have a defective phone.  I would contact Apple directly for a replacement.

0 Likes
Adblack
Enthusiast - Level 2

I reset all settings. When I started I had two circles of signal, now I'm down to one. Not really the solution I was looking for.

0 Likes