What do I need to do to make sure my device works in Canada?
PigtownDesign

Hi... I am doing a road trip to Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal and have an iPhone 7+ and an unlimited data plan. Is there anything I need to do to make sure everything works and I don't get charged a fortune for data and calls? I will also be taking my wifi hotspot.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Heading to Canada with my iPhone 7+ and unlimited data plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s important that you can use your services without worry while you’re on your road trip, PigtownDesign. The great news is all of your usage in Canada is covered with the new Verizon Unlimited plan. There is a limit of 500MB of LTE data each day while roaming, but you do have unlimited 2G data speeds while roaming afterwards.

To ensure your device is set up for success while you travel you’ll want to ensure your settings are correct. For the iPhone 7+ you will want to check the following;

Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Roaming – Voice and Data Roaming are on, and International CMDA is turned off.

You can always check here for settings and rates when roaming for any trips you’re planning: http://vz.to/1SmDdLA You can use the same link to check to ensure your Wi-Fi hotspot will work while traveling.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Heading to Canada with my iPhone 7+ and unlimited data plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s important that you can use your services without worry while you’re on your road trip, PigtownDesign. The great news is all of your usage in Canada is covered with the new Verizon Unlimited plan. There is a limit of 500MB of LTE data each day while roaming, but you do have unlimited 2G data speeds while roaming afterwards.

To ensure your device is set up for success while you travel you’ll want to ensure your settings are correct. For the iPhone 7+ you will want to check the following;

Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Roaming – Voice and Data Roaming are on, and International CMDA is turned off.

You can always check here for settings and rates when roaming for any trips you’re planning: http://vz.to/1SmDdLA You can use the same link to check to ensure your Wi-Fi hotspot will work while traveling.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes