Verizon Emailed Ad promised free upgrade
mwschreurs
Enthusiast - Level 1

Back in September, Verizon sent out its montly promotion to me. In the advertisement, it said I could upgrade my sons phone (it was linked to his number), an iphone5, to an Iphone7 for free. I thought it was too good to be true, but I looked into it. I had to do it online, pay for the activation of the new phone, and I had to pay for it over 24 month. However, they would give me 24 months of promotional credits to offset the cost. It stated the credits would show up after 1 or 2 billing cycles. Its now on the third billing cycle, and hasn't shown up, and my projected 4th bill doesn't show anything. 

I looked back into my emailed paperwork, and it doesn't show anything about promotional credits. My sons phone worked perfectly fine, so I didn't need to do any upgrade, but since it was going to cost me only the activation fee, I was willing to do this. Now I paid the activation fee, and have a $400 phone I didn't need. 

Has this happened to anyone else? I have tried to connect with a Verizon rep, but I am on hold forever, and I cannot get a live agent via chat. 

Is there anyway to find my old emailed advertisment? I cannot locate it in my deleted or recoverable emails folder. 

Anyone have any advice on how to solve this or connect with a real operator that can actually find out where my credit is? 

I am 100% positive of the promotion, because it was specific to my sons phone in the email. I also received a promotional email that same month because that was a get a new Iphone7 for $5/month. However, that one needed to add a new line to receive the deal. My daughter wants (not quite needs) a phone, and I was about ready to pull the trigger when I thought may be I should wait for a BOGO offer for a new line add. I haven't pulled the trigger on upgrading now because I haven't recieved the previously promised promotion. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. M

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Emailed Ad promised free upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to hear that the promotion you had expected to receive still has not been applied. We understand the importance of getting this corrected, and we will be glad to help! To confirm, when was the exact date that you made your order that way we can pull up the details regarding the promotion? DavidR_VZW

mwschreurs
Enthusiast - Level 1

I paid for the phone on the 24th of September, 2019. It was under phone number *3224. I received the promotional offer sometime earlier that month via email, specific to that phone line. It was sent to my email. It was not in my normal offers, as I had went in through my Verizon app first, to see the legitimacy but it didn't show up. I need to go through the email (I am guessing it was some sort of inbedded code) to get the offer to show up. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those details, mwschreurs. 

Our goal is to see what email was sent to you. 

We will need to gather more details to get to the bottom of this for you. I will send a Private Note. 

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mwschreurs,

It looks like we will need to access the account in order to access any offers that were emailed to your account. Can you please provide us with your name as it appears on the account along with your contact number? 

What is the best time where you can be reached for us to give you a call? (Please also include your time zone)

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
mwschreurs
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sent you a private message. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@mwschreurs  Just an FYI, Verizon is shutting down it's CDMA network.  The iPhone 5 would have to be replaced very soon anyway. 

0 Likes
mwschreurs
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am surprised that I hadn't seen or read this. I talked with Edward from Verizon today. He shared that information with me. In addition to that, he was able to help me get my situation corrected. He was an outstanding help to me, and did a great job. If all the Verizon helpers are like him, they are doing something right. I tip my hat to him, and I hope that he see's this (and his bosses!). He did a great job and made my experience great. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mwschreurs,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, I have made sure it was lifted up to leadership. I am very glad you had a great experience.

To learn more about the CDMA network retirement (taking place at the end of 2020) you can visit this link: http://spr.ly/66001Xwt8

Thank you for being the best part of Verizon!

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes
fcc6
Enthusiast - Level 2

A long while back I purchased my wife's Google pixl on a plan such as that. After 3 months of no credits, I had to go to the Verizon Company store to get it corrected. They caught me up on the credits and then they came every month until it was paid off. It would probably expedite your credits if you have a copy of the original email. It may still be in your notifications in your My Verizon.

0 Likes