Ugrading From 6S Plus to 7
KEICOL96

I upgraded my phone about a week ago to the 6S plus, then found out the I phone 7 was coming out on the 16th of this month and my 14 day trail period ends on the 12th. I asked the Verizon staff if he could help. The answer I go was to pay off you phone turn it in and wait for the 7th to arrive, which would put me with no phone for a few days.  Has anyone had this problem? I am open to suggestions

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ugrading From 6S Plus to 7
rcschnoor
Legend

Take it however you would like.

SHAGRE8 wrote:

I hope you are not a verizon rep.

That would be correct, I am not a Verizon rep.

SHAGRE8 wrote:

I understand the announcement was going to be made in September but I didn't see that the phones would be released on 9-16 until after I STUPIDLY got my upgrade. Nor id anyone I asked online via phone or in person have a clue. The response I got was they are not told about it till after the announcement so they had no idea of the price of the 6S would go down.

Verizon may be contractually prohibited from sharing information about falling prices on prior iPhone models when a new model is to be released, but that does not take away from the fact that has been Apple's strategy on EVERY new iPhone release since the very first one, 9 yrs ago. Apple ALWAYS lowers the price. No, they do not announce that price drop prior to the announcement or release, but they without fail have done so for 9 consecutive years.

SHAGRE8 wrote:

It would seem to be the better customer service response would have been to say - So sorry for the issue but our policy is a strict 14 days and sadly we cannot make any exceptions or AS a courtesy to as loyal customer, I will put forth a price adjustment on the 6S of $100 on Fri 9-16. We hope this will make you happy. In the past the lag time between announcement and pre-order was more than a week.

iPhone 4 announced 6/7 and released 6/24 (older model price dropped by $100)

iPhone 4S announced 10/4 and released 10/14 (older model price dropped by $100)

iPhone 5 announced 9/12 and released 9/21 (older model price dropped by $100)

iPhone 5S announced 9/10 and released 9/20 (older model price dropped by $100)

iPhone 6 announced 9/9 and released 9/19 (older model price dropped by $100)

iPhone 6S announced 9/9 and released 9/25 (older model price dropped by $100)

iPhone 7 announced 9/7 and released 9/16 (older model price dropped by $100)

Looking at history,  the longest time between announcement and release date is 17 days. Would you have done things differently had the release date been as long as that 17 days from announcement as has been the longest delay in the past 6 models?

Additionally, the 14 day return period has been in effect for over 4 years and was 30 days prior to that. I would think a "loyal customer" would be aware of that as many of those "loyal customers" have been complaining about it ever since it was shortened from 30 to 14 days.

Finally, the 2nd half of my response was directed at the OP as indicated in the reply, not you.

IF you want the new model, simply return your current device within the 14 days and pay the $35 restocking fee. Then purchase the new model when available. I would be surprised if Verizon will give you the price match of the new price on the older model, however you can always return your current phone pay the $35 restocking fee and STILL save $65 after the $100 price drop.

It is always good to do a little research before purchasing a new device, ESPECIALLY when a newer model is being released. Simply posting on here would have given you the information you needed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You can see if anyone has a spare phone you can borrow until you are able to get the iPhone 7. You will have to return yout 6s before the 14 days is up or you will be stuck (or required to pay it off to be eligible to upgrade again since you would have to have it for 30 days and pay off 50% in order to upgrade to the newest iPhone outside of the return period). That's pretty much your options. If you have an old phone that will work on Verizon to hold you over or one you can borrow it would help you out a lot.

SHAGRE8

I have similar issue and apparently the cost of the 6s will also go down when the 7 arrives on Friday and I would not get the price adjustment as my 14th day is Thursday of this week. They cout Labor Day as a day.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes they count ALL days as part of the 14 day period to see if you like a phone before having to return it for refund/exchange. Do you not use your phone on holidays? Verizon stores are open on Labor Day.

As for the OP "finding out" the iPhone 7 was being released just over 2 weeks after purchasing an iPhone 6S Plus, this release was not kept secret but was instead one of the most reported and anticipated events in the past several months. I think it was in the news almost as much as the Presidential election. You are aware there is one in November, right?

0 Likes
SHAGRE8

Thank you for the SNOTTIEST DISRESPECTFUL  answer ever to a loyal customer!  I hope you are not a verizon rep. I understand the announcement  was going to be made in September but I didn't see that the phones would be released on 9-16 until after I STUPIDLY got my upgrade. Nor id anyone I asked online via phone or in person have a clue. The response I got was they are not told about it till after the announcement so they had no idea of the price of the 6S would go down. It would seem to be the better customer service response would have been to say - So sorry for the issue but our policy is a strict 14 days and sadly we cannot make any exceptions or AS a courtesy to as loyal customer, I will put forth a price adjustment on the 6S  of $100  on Fri 9-16. We hope this will make you happy. In the past the lag time between announcement and pre-order was more than a week.

Instead you basically said I was a Loser and I deserve to get screwed. Bravo Verizon! You made me feel small, stupid, unhip, unread, and deserving of being taken advantage of.

And thanks for the tip on the Presidential elections, I wasn't aware!.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Any of the VZW reps wouldn't know when new phones are going to be released or their pricing until they are officially announced. Even if they did know something, they can't say anything about future releases or risk losing their jobs.

Return the iPhone 6s and go back to the previous phone until you can order or purchase the iPhone 7.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Take it however you would like.

SHAGRE8 wrote:

I hope you are not a verizon rep.

That would be correct, I am not a Verizon rep.

SHAGRE8 wrote:

I understand the announcement was going to be made in September but I didn't see that the phones would be released on 9-16 until after I STUPIDLY got my upgrade. Nor id anyone I asked online via phone or in person have a clue. The response I got was they are not told about it till after the announcement so they had no idea of the price of the 6S would go down.

Verizon may be contractually prohibited from sharing information about falling prices on prior iPhone models when a new model is to be released, but that does not take away from the fact that has been Apple's strategy on EVERY new iPhone release since the very first one, 9 yrs ago. Apple ALWAYS lowers the price. No, they do not announce that price drop prior to the announcement or release, but they without fail have done so for 9 consecutive years.

SHAGRE8 wrote:

It would seem to be the better customer service response would have been to say - So sorry for the issue but our policy is a strict 14 days and sadly we cannot make any exceptions or AS a courtesy to as loyal customer, I will put forth a price adjustment on the 6S of $100 on Fri 9-16. We hope this will make you happy. In the past the lag time between announcement and pre-order was more than a week.

iPhone 4 announced 6/7 and released 6/24 (older model price dropped by $100)

iPhone 4S announced 10/4 and released 10/14 (older model price dropped by $100)

iPhone 5 announced 9/12 and released 9/21 (older model price dropped by $100)

iPhone 5S announced 9/10 and released 9/20 (older model price dropped by $100)

iPhone 6 announced 9/9 and released 9/19 (older model price dropped by $100)

iPhone 6S announced 9/9 and released 9/25 (older model price dropped by $100)

iPhone 7 announced 9/7 and released 9/16 (older model price dropped by $100)

Looking at history,  the longest time between announcement and release date is 17 days. Would you have done things differently had the release date been as long as that 17 days from announcement as has been the longest delay in the past 6 models?

Additionally, the 14 day return period has been in effect for over 4 years and was 30 days prior to that. I would think a "loyal customer" would be aware of that as many of those "loyal customers" have been complaining about it ever since it was shortened from 30 to 14 days.

Finally, the 2nd half of my response was directed at the OP as indicated in the reply, not you.

IF you want the new model, simply return your current device within the 14 days and pay the $35 restocking fee. Then purchase the new model when available. I would be surprised if Verizon will give you the price match of the new price on the older model, however you can always return your current phone pay the $35 restocking fee and STILL save $65 after the $100 price drop.

It is always good to do a little research before purchasing a new device, ESPECIALLY when a newer model is being released. Simply posting on here would have given you the information you needed.

0 Likes