Spam calls and voicemails
Coloradotracy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am getting tons of spam calls and voicemails and I have blocked what seems like hundreds, but they are always coming from different New York numbers. They are filling my voicemail frequently so I miss important calls. How do I stop these or get them all marked as spam so they are stopped? This is making me crazy!

Labels (1)
Re: Spam calls and voicemails
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It concerns us to hear that you are having issues with spam calls. This is definitely not the experience that we want for you to have, and we will be happy to look into this for you. Have you tried to block the numbers to see if the issue continues? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
dnieweg
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is out of control. I can no longer use my phone for work, but I have to answer every call so I am going insane. 10-30 calls every day for weeks now. This is just insane.

Coloradotracy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have blocked hundreds of calls and they still keep coming. Usually they are from New York but I have gotten several from California, Colorado and even Idaho. Some of the calls show as possible spam, but most do not. Since I have been working from home I am required to answer calls and it has been exceedingly frustrating. All of the most annoying ones are from a bank and it sounds like Chinese.. then there are the , you aren’t taking a vacation right now... or other such nonsense. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you tried looking into our Call Filter Plus feature? 

0 Likes
novamchd
Enthusiast - Level 1

What good does it do to block scammers, fraudsters, robocalls, & telemarketers when they fill up your voicemail?  That's more aggrevating than a blocked call.  I have had doctors & other important calls who couldn't leave a message because my voicemail was full.  It's especially bad when I'm in a foreign country and can't check my messages frequently.   I'm retired and the spam calls are significantly more than my known calls.  

Jmirolli
Enthusiast - Level 1

Typical copy and paste from Vzserveonline, why did I even come here.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always looking for ways to prevent unwanted communications. In this case, we highly recommend checking your voicemail more frequent to avoid having it fill up. If this is something that is happening too often on your device, you can also change your number for free in the My Verizon application. Please inform us if you require any other information. 

VZW_Robert

0 Likes
Captain-Bob
Enthusiast - Level 1

"we highly recommend checking your voicemail more frequent to avoid having it fill up."

That's not at all helpful.  Customers need real solutions to spam calls.  

I'm getting dozens of calls daily from 731-470-92## numbers.  The last two numbers keep changing.  I want to block all calls from the 731 area code.   

How can Verizon help me?  

Cbaydemir

I switched from Metro PCS and they have way better system to block calls and it is FREE, I have been with Verizon about 2-3 weeks and so far I hate it, Verizon offer free Spam filtering and it does not work, I started getting all kind of spam call, email and text since I did the switch to Verizon and Verizon wants you to pay for Plus which does not make much sense, If thess calls keep coming I will switch back to Metro, 

0 Likes