Slow hot spot
caittexts2

My hot spot is extremely slow.  I have the unlimited data plan from years ago.  I performed the speedtest.  The results at 7:55 a.m. was 0.12 download, 0.00 upload & 217 Ping.  What can a I do to speed it up?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Slow hot spot
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the hotspot feature on a phone or a separate hotspot device? What is the model number?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
caittexts2

I have an iPhone 7, 32GB. It's not just the 'hot spot' on the phone connecting to my iPad but the internet connection on my phone also.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello caittexts2,

Let's figure out what's going on with your hotspot. Thanks to Ann154 for getting the details for me. Is this a new issue with your hotspot, or ongoing? If new, when did it begin? What zip code are you in? Let's get to the bottom of this.

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
caittexts2

Actually this has been going on for several, several months ChristinaB. My billing zip code is 31639, but my actual problem is taking place in 31647, which is my home. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for taking time to troubleshoot. What does your signal typically show? Is this affecting the connection indoors and outdoors?

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupportIf my response answered your  question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response.  This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance  for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This far too long to be happening, caittexts2. Can you tell me if this is continuous, anytime you use the phone/ hotspot? Or does it improve in other locations/ times of day? Also, has any troubleshooting been done?

VanessaS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
caittexts2

Sorry it takes me so long to get back to you but I can't get my internet to

work at home. On my phone, it usually shows maybe one or two bars. On my

iPad or laptop, it says that it's connected but it won't download pages in

Safari, emails or anything. When I am at work, I just use the use the

internet there. I have no problem what so ever. I appreciate any help!

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 11:24 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
caittexts2

This is pretty much all the time now. Sometimes it's much slower than

others. The internet at my work is fine on my iPhone and iPad. I

contacted Verizon a little while back. They did do some troubleshooting

but nothing ever came of it. I do appreciate any help you can give.

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 11:25 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You have been a great partner to work with and I apologize for any inconvenience. I have sent you a Private Message so that we can run further diagnostics. I will look forward to working with you further!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

If my response answered your  question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response.  This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance  for your help with this.

0 Likes