Sim card or no Sim card when traveling
JIMBO555

A friend has advised me not to bother with a prepaid plan for iPhone 7 use in Iceland.  He

suggests  that I should purchase a sim card upon arrival with a basic plan and take it from there.  I am lost and need some guidance here

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sim card or no Sim card when traveling
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

JIMBO555​, your iPhone 7 is good to use while traveling in Iceland.  This means that you can take advantage of our International Trip Planner | Verizon Wireless so that we can keep you connected or you can also use a local carrier in Iceland. However, keep in mind that the local carrier will have to support you with activation of their Sim card.

Safe Travels!

yarelim_vzw

View solution in original post

0 Likes
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

JIMBO555​, your iPhone 7 is good to use while traveling in Iceland.  This means that you can take advantage of our International Trip Planner | Verizon Wireless so that we can keep you connected or you can also use a local carrier in Iceland. However, keep in mind that the local carrier will have to support you with activation of their Sim card.

Safe Travels!

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Here is what will happen. You will pay A LOT less.

I went to Slovakia in 2014 and got a prepaid SIM. It cost me 8 pounds (around 10USD). I was able to use up to 200MB of data per day for .40 pounds. I used my iPhone 5 and was really just using it for iMessage. That one SIM card lasted me 3 weeks. During that trip I went to Switzerland for a weekend. I used my VZW SIM card. I paid $25 for every 100MB of data usage. I spent $100.

Using a SIM from Iceland will give you a local number but if you aren't making calls and plan on using iMessage and other messaging apps like FB Messenger I would recommend gong that route.

0 Likes