Sending Email fails over LTE
softweave

If my iPhone 7 is connected to WIFI, I can send emails. If it is using LTE, sending email fails. I've tried adding an additional smtp server configuration, but it still fails. My ISP is comcast.net.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Sending Email fails over LTE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

softweave,

Oh my! We definitely need to fix this issue with your email. I know that I depend on my email sending all the time. When did this problem start to happen? Are you able to receive emails when using our data network? When the message fails, do you receive an error message? If so, what does it exactly say?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
softweave

I switched to using imap email last weekend following comcast's instructions and have not been able to send or receive email except when connected to wifi ever since. My iPhone 7 has iOS 10.1.1 installed.

When iOS Mail fails to get mail over LTE, the message is "Cannot Get Mail The mail server "imap.comcast.net" is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings.

When iOS Mail fails to send mail over LTE, the message is "Cannot Send Mail The connection to the outgoing server "smtp.comcast.net" failed. Additional Outgoing Mail Servers can be configured  in Settings"

Once I connect my iPhone to WIFI iOS Mail both gets and sends mail using the configured comcast mail servers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update, let’s keep trucking. Just to ensure we are on the same page, you can send/receive e-mails when connected to any other WiFi or just the home WiFi? Do you know of any other customers that are having similar issues since the update?

0 Likes