Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message.
MWood280

In reading other post, I have not changed anything on my account. I have the same account for years so let’s chexk that off the list.  I have 9 lines on my account and I’m the only one that receives this “Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message.” and it’s sent from my cell number.  Anyone know what is happening? I haven’t seen a reply with resolution..

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be concerned too if I was receiving that message, MWood280. We appreciate you sharing those details. Let's work together and find out what is going on. Are you only getting this message when you text a specific contact or is it happening with all contacts you send messages to? If you are only getting that message from a specific contact that will help us narrow down the root cause. Also, if this is related to just one specific number, when did this problem start happening? Have you ever been able to send messages to this contact previously?  

AnthonyC_VZW

0 Likes
joelchid

I am having the same problem, so far it is just my number, and it is happening when I send messages to lots of my contacts. I'm hoping people are getting my messages that I send out....

0 Likes
Nesi_D

I'm also having the same problem. I just received another text today. I'm not on a prepaid plan and I haven't sent a text message today. I turn my phone off once a day to reset phone. Everyone I would sent a text to is not on a prepaid plan. I called Verizon tech support and she had never heard of this problem. Please help. 

0 Likes
Kimba1960

I actually like that message (though the wording is odd about the funds)   It shows the blocked caller tried to contact me but failed.   

However, I sent a message to the number I blocked and it said delivered.....    so was it delivered even if I blocked their number???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kimba1960

You can block calls and messages from up to 5 numbers in My Verizon for no charge. This feature will prevent your device from getting unwanted calls and texts from a specific number. However, you will still have access to send text messages and call that phone number. 

Here's more information regarding our Block services that will be helpful to you:  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/block-unblock-services-faqs/

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes