Purpose of Preorder?
korndawg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm really curious what the purpose of waking up at 2:00 am CST to preorder 3 iPhone 7's only to have it delayed while others can walk in the store on launch day and come out with a new one?  My order was confirmed at 2:30 and has been on the "processing" state ever since.  Expected ship date of 9/28.  I'm very dissatisfied.  Verizon had no problem charging me $60 for some bogus upgrade fee but fails at fulfilling a preorder on launch day.  Ridiculous.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Purpose of Preorder?
RAYGON3
Enthusiast - Level 2

The purpose of the preorder is so that you don't have to go to the store Smiley Happy

I preordered my 256gb jet black iPhone 7 plus and Fedex just delivered it an hour ago. I'm sure people are waiting hours outside of the Apple store trying to get it right now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AMALDO514

Did you order the Plus? Has it been confirmed yet that people are able to walk into the stores and buy a Plus today?

0 Likes
RAYGON3
Enthusiast - Level 2

The purpose of the preorder is so that you don't have to go to the store Smiley Happy

I preordered my 256gb jet black iPhone 7 plus and Fedex just delivered it an hour ago. I'm sure people are waiting hours outside of the Apple store trying to get it right now.

0 Likes
Donnat757
Contributor - Level 1

You got a jet black one?  What time did you preorder?

0 Likes
RAYGON3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, not jet black. I got the none shiny one. I think it's called just black.

I ordered at 3am EST when presales opened.

0 Likes
korndawg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered a black 128GB, black 32gb and a rose gold 32gb.  When I hit submit on my order, stated delivery date was 9/16.  Confirmation came in at 2:30 am CST and stated 9/28.  Verizon's website wasn't working for me (and many others) until well after 2:00 am.  Def my worst preorder experience.

0 Likes
SaseLee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Looks like your in the same state as me, I ordered 2 phones the 7+ 128g in black and the 7 128g in flat black.  My order showed a delivery date of 9/16 for the plus and 10/5 for the flat black 7.  After arguing with verizon yesterday my theory was correct.  Since I ordered both phones at the same time and not separately they will only ship them out together when the flat black one comes available.  I spoke to sales associate the night before pre-orders and asked if ordering both at the same time was ok and he said certainly.  Very frustrated considering I sold my 6 to someone in hopes my new 7+ would be here today!

0 Likes
ldeannepps
Enthusiast - Level 3

No one can walk into a Verizon store here in Metro Atlanta and get a plus.  But you can walk into the Apple store to get a plus.  I am not understanding the whole pre-order thing either.  Last year the big unicorn was the Rose Gold.  I pre-ordered that and got it on time even though the delivery date wasn't the launch date.  This year it is the plus in Jet Black.  I hope to get mine sometime this month. 

0 Likes
Shane3131
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nowhere does it say Verizon, Apple, or any other retailer will guarantee you a preorder on launch day. It states that you are guaranteed an iPhone.  The people waiting are taking a risk.  Sometimes it pays of sometimes it doesn't.  Right now everything I've read is that there are no plus' available for walkins.  As for the time of preorder its just luck whether you are able to connect to the online store or not.  Unfortunately, you were late.  Its certainly not Verizon's fault for millions of other people trying to do the same exact thing at the same exact time.   Just luck.

0 Likes
korndawg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Connecting to an online store should NEVER be luck.  Poor planning on someone's part is more to blame.  Wish I could use that excuse for a lot of things.  Oh, it didn't work? I guess you just aren't lucky.  SMH.

0 Likes