Re: Poor call quality-people can't hear me well
FRMNODAK
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issues with my iPhone 7. I have had the network reset, a new sim card and also went to the Apple Store and had them run diagnostics on my phone. There appears to be nothing wrong with the phone according to the diagnostics.  I am at a loss as to what to do next.

Miker122
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you FRMNODAK... Join the club of thousands at a minimum if you check the apple forums. I have also done the same and also had them replace to phone. I am not on IOS 11 and still the same issues. No-one will help us although there seem to be empty promises. This is atrocious that no one will do a thing... If anyone actually gets anywhere with Verizon, please share so we can all follow your fix or resolution.

0 Likes
FRMNODAK
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I went to the Apple store, the technician that checked out my phones had a possible explanation for what is happening.  It makes sense as I have had my iPhone 7 for almost a year now and this problem just started maybe a month or two ago, not sure.  But, what he told me was that these carrier companies have normally had two tower to service the customers, one for cellular and one for data and because that is more expense to them, they are changing to combine both services to only having to use one tower  and this is the resulting issue. He said there have been many people in complaining about the call quality. My husband has a 6 and has not been experiencing this, but my sister in law has a 7 plus and has had issues. I believe she has been given two different replacement phones now and says hers is working correctly now.   Hope all this makes sense.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Miker122,

We hear you loud & clear! Making sure that everyone on the phone can hear you loud & clear is very important. Making sure we get to the bottom of this issue is our goal. I truly apologize that this problem has happened on your replacement phone as well. That is pretty odd. Let’s figure this calling problem out once & for all. I see that a representative sent you a Private Message on September 22nd. Did you receive that? If not, I have sent you a Private Message so we can work towards a resolution. Please respond back to me in the Private Message to continue.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Miker122
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did not see any PM... not sure where is would appear. thanks for responding to help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Miker122, we want to ensure we get to the bottom of your device concerns. To access your private messages you will see a red circle with a number of messages you have. Since I see we sent you two private messages you will most likely see 2+ in a red box next to your name at the top page, next to the search box.

Thank You,

MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
FRMNODAK
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Miker122,  isn't this the worst customer support page ever?  If you are logged in then you should see your name at the top of this page, there is a red person icon on the left side of your name and to the left of that there would be a number if you have messages. Click on the number to get to the messages....

I have had no response to my call quality.  Good luck I would love to know if you get your problem solved.

0 Likes
Miker122
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK. I found the personal msg.. Thanks..

1. Replaced iPhone 6 with 7

2. Seems if I don't hug the bottom of the phone close to my mouth, people say my voice goes in and out.

3. For this reason I went to apple and they replaced

4. In a short time, I realized this phone was no different

5. Trying to troubleshoot - I have the latest IOS 11.0.1

- I have removed the case

- I reset the network network settings

- I have reset all content and settings when the above did not help

- I have tried before adding apps back

- I have tried noise reduction on and off

- I have had Verizon replace the sim card

- I have searched the Apple support forums and there are MANY people with the same issue - you can search for these subject lines: Please also note that these would only be people who bothered or knew to search the apple forum and just these few add up to thousands.

2648 with same problem - "iPhone 7 Microphone Cutting Out"

615 with same problem - "People can't hear me when talking on the phone of my iPhone 7"

167 with same problem - "callers can't hear me - iPhone 7 plus"

189 with same problem- "Iphone 7 plus mic issues during calls Only"

6. I know I have the option to come in and get another phone as I am still under warranty, but I truly believe this phone model has an issue and it is not being made public. I am not willing to pay even more per month for an 8 unless you replace my 7 for the same price I am paying now.

Thanks in advance for anything you can suggest..

0 Likes
NICOLETTAC
Enthusiast - Level 1

I as well have done most of what Miker122 has done.  I've been in the store, they've replaced the SIM card in both phones, and I've even had one of the phones replaced.  I agree this is a phone issue.  I've removed my case, I've reset the network settings.  And agreed with 6...Not paying more money for a different model.  In addition when I bought this I was "given" a Hum bluetooth device.  I was not told there was a contract attached to it and I was not told I would have an additional monthly charge for it.  It was supposedly part of the package I bought.  It now does not work and I just want the line disconnected and it turned off, but apparently can't do that without paying out the contract.  Customer service at Verizon is not great right now.  Looking to change carriers due to all of this.  Most carriers will buy out any of my cost to cancel with Verizon.  Sad because I've been with Verizon for quite some time.  You'd think they'd try to keep that loyalty.  Roseanne from Verizon has sent me a message.  However, in this day and age of hacking I have no idea if she's really a Verizon representative.  I cannot supply my PIN without authentication.  That said, if any Verizon support person here would like to give me a way to contact you through Verizon's main number, I'd be happy to discuss.  Otherwise, I resolve alternatively.  Thanks!

0 Likes
angelgonzales123

Hi

Many of us have this same issue that is why we are reading this and other post pertaing to "Poor call quality - people can't hear me well and I cannot hear them well".

You state, "Check your Inbox for a private message for us to go further." Why would you go further in private when other users this "community" are searching for the same solution.

Thank you

0 Likes