Periodic garbled phone calls on iphone 7
THOHUE44

I have just purchased an iPhone 7 and have had issues with garbled phone calls to land lines, other cell phones and more significantly to other users in the Verizon network.  Any solutions out there

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Periodic garbled phone calls on iphone 7
gersong_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thohue44, congratulations on upgrading to a new device and I know how important it is have the best call quality when making a call. Let's work together and get this resolved for you, does this happen everywhere you go or at a specific location? Is this happening indoors or outdoors?

0 Likes
RMCCAMMAN
Contributor - Level 2

Have you reset your network settings?. In your Settings app, tap “General.”

irn_1

On the General settings page, tap “Reset.”

irn_2

On the Reset page, tap “Reset Network Settings.”

irn_3

If you have a passcode set up, you’ll be asked to enter it.

irn_4

And when asked to confirm your action, tap “Reset Network Settings.”

irn_5

0 Likes
THOHUE44

Hello gersong vzw.

I have only made calls or received calls from my home so I cannot validate that it happens everywhere.

It does happen indoors and outdoors but it is not consistent.

It is sporadic on landline calls or cell calls and even cell calls on the Verizon network.

A follow up post from  RMCCAMMAN at 9:54 suggests a Reset of Network Settings.

Would this likely resolve the issue.

If so, do other settings need to be changed back to where I had them before…i.e. Ringtones, etc

0 Likes
candiceh_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you for providing that additional information Thohue44. This will definitely help us with providing a solution that will work to fix your issue. To answer your question, yes the suggestion of RMCCAMMAN is definitely a great one to use on your iPhone. The good news is that completing the reset of the network settings does not changes any of your saved passwords outside of any WiFi settings. This reset will not affect any of your other settings or ringtones. Please try this and keep us posted on the outcome.

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
THOHUE44

The suggestion that RMCCAMMAN posted was not effective.  In fact the re-set  of the network settings altered my email account and I could not sent emails.  Went to the Verizon store yesterday and had the email issue repaired.  The rep at the store suggested that I re-set the Cellular Date Options to 'Data Only' from 'Voice & Data Only'...indicating that this is a default in the Apple set up.  Nothing has changed.  Everyone still sounds like Marlin Brando in the Godfather flick... often muted and sometimes in a tunnel; especially landline calls but also calls to cellphone users.  Some cell callers say that I sound fine.  But, the old Verizon commercial tag of  'can you hear me now'  does not apply.  Nothing is crystal clear like it was with my iPhone 5. Any new suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Likes
EVIEBC18

Me too -- with garbIed sounds from my phone or people saying they suddenly can't hear me.  And it is random, and happening in my house and outside of it. I have tried EVERYTHING!  I've been to the Apple Store about 5 times, and also went to the Verizon Store. The Verizon store changed my SIM card (and screwed up my voicemail temporarily). I had many diagnostic tests done that showed nothing wrong with the phone, had my network settings reset, made sure that I changed to Data Only (not roaming), took off my lightweight cover.  I am writing to you while at the Apple Store because we are on the last straw -- exchanged my 3 week old phone for a new phone.  Help me/us, Verizon!!

0 Likes
EVIEBC18

I am surprised that there aren't posts after October 2016. Please see my post. This is very frustrating.  I will check in again after using my new replaced phone for a day or two or three.

0 Likes
EVIEBC18

by the way, mine is an iPhone 7plus.

0 Likes
JDEAN8

I was excited to get the iPhone7.  I upgraded to it in May.  Last month my camera stopped working.  I was under warranty and another was shipped to my home.  The new phone's camera works, but when I make outgoing calls, the person on the other end cannot hear me or says it sounds like I am in a wind tunnel.  have tried every remedy listed above, nothing works.  I will try the Verizon store this evening AGAIN.  It's my last stop before leaving iPhone and/or Verizon for good.  That would be unfortunate, but I can't keep spending my time trouble shooting my phone. 

0 Likes