Missed calls and calls breaking up
Longboarder29

Is anyone else experiencing missed calls, calls breaking up and generally poor reception with the iPhone 7 plus?

I have a jet black, 128GB, 7plus and I am get poor call quality from locations where I have had no problems previously.

Signal strength doesn't appear to be the issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Missed calls and calls breaking up
Weth
Legend

No, iPhone 7 plus 128 black no changes in call drops or quality. I have HD voice on 100% of the time and go in and out of wifi calling several times a day.

0 Likes
tas33

Yes, I got the iPhone 7 Plus (rose gold) on the day of release.  I've been experiencing calls going straight to voice mail quite often.  For example, I've been at my house or at work with the phone next to me, and I get a text from my husband that he's been trying to call, why am I not answering.  There are no missed calls or any indication that someone tried to call. There is nothing wrong with my cell service at the time that this happens.  Annoying, because I have no idea if someone's tried to call and I completely missed it.  Usually, I reboot and ask them to call me back and it goes through this time, but I don't want to have to remember to reboot my phone constantly.

0 Likes
adamg_vzw
Verizon Employee

tas33,

That's definitely not how we want your new phone acting at all. Have you ensured that the device is currently up to date? There were reports of signal issues with the new iPhones but this was to be resolved in a recent update, so it can't hurt to be sure. See how you can check if you're up to date here Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support .

AdamG_VZW    

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tas33

Thanks Adam, I see there's an update to 10.1, so I'll install it and see if it helps.

0 Likes
ZAMPED2

I have the same issues since "upgrading" to 7 plus. Very frustrating. Paid over 800 bucks to go 15 years backwards in phone quality. IPhone 6 picked up fine and my husbands 6 plus picks up where my 7 plus doesn't. Tried all the suggested fixes and it is still junk. Verizon, please fix this or lose our brand loyalty. Long time customer here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd like to get this service issue resolved, have you spoken with our customer service team before to address this? What has been recommended? You've confirmed your phone has completed troubleshooting, did you replace it already as well?

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes