Iphone 7 Trade in promo SCAm
jessr15929

When Verizon came out with the iphone 7 $650 trade in promo, I decided to try it out. I went to the Verizon Wireless store to ask about it. The rep looked at both of my phones and said YES they do qualify for the $650 credit each. So I went ahead and got the Iphone 7 for both lines. He gave me the website to request the trade in. I went to it and also said there $650 for each phone and sent me the boxes. I sent in the phones and received an email that verizon received the phones and the trade in values were $650. After 3 months I received the credit for one of the phones but heard nothing about the other. I called several times and kept getting the same answer that verizon would credit my account by the 3rd billing cycle so I waited til the 3rd and still received nothing!  I called again and after being on the phone for an hour with a rep he just said Verizon was behind on their trade ins and could only credit me for one month at that time. Today I received an email saying that verizon is giving me a credit for only $220 for the phone because there is no promotion available. This is a big lie and scam. verizon had scammed me for their promotion. The phone was like new that I sent in before the promotion was over. verizon needs to credit me the full $650. They should not treat loyal customers like this

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 7 Trade in promo SCAm
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jessr15929, we want you to take advantage of the best deal available to you on our network. Did you contact our trade in team at 800-416-8894 to verify why your device appraised at $220.00? Did you check the status of that submission online here: http://vz.to/1NhCuFV    

0 Likes
Re: Iphone 7 Trade in promo SCAm
jessr15929

Yes I did. They said they have to check into the issue more. The reason showing up is that there was 'no promotion' found. The phone was sent in the SAME time as my other iphone. Both had NO damage and were like new. I received the email that they were both appraised at 650. Later I received an email that the credit for one phone was going to be applied to my account but no word about the other.  I called and was told it will take 2-3 billing cycles. I waited and still no credit. Then verizon rep told me they were behind on the trade-in area and i would see it on the next bill. Next bill still nothing. Then I received an email that the phone was valued at 220 because no promotion was found. This is a scam and I want the 650 value as promised. I sent in a like new phone DURING the promotion. verizon should not treat their loyal customers like this. It should be important to verizon to keep their customers trust.

0 Likes