If I find a phone in-store, can I cancel a pre-order?
PicNroll
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a two part question, really.

I have a pre-order via Verizon with two upgraded phones:  1 Black iPhone 7 128GB and 1 Silver iPhone 7 Plus 128GB

My delivery date says 9/28 (probably due to the iPhone 7 plus) and I believe they will still ship as one order on that later date.

So the two part question:

1)  If I'm lucky enough to find both of these phones at a Verizon store on Friday morning, can the reps successfully cancel my pre-order?  I'll be making sure that I get no shipping notifications on Thursday, the 15th for that order.

2) If I'm able to find the iPhone 7 in-store, but not the iPhone 7 Plus, can the rep eliminate/cancel the iPhone 7 from my pre-order and leave the iPhone 7 Plus in it?  And assuming the answer is "no", can I simply return the iPhone 7 that I receive with the pre-order shipment to the Verizon store with no restocking fees or penalties?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: If I find a phone in-store on the 16th, can I cancel pre-order with 9/28 delivery date?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I did it during the iPhone 6s Plus release for my mother. We verified that the store had what we wanted and then I called CS to cancel the preorder while the store rep went to get the phone for us. They then verified that the cancellation was complete.

View solution in original post

Re: If I find a phone in-store on the 16th, can I cancel pre-order with 9/28 delivery date?
RNCCRN9706
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think you can. But you'd need to cancel the order before you get to the store. That's what I did a few years ago. Rather than wait until 10/12. But that was just one line.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PicNroll,

That is the latest and greatest. The devices will be available on 9/16 in our stores on a first come first serve basis. You can choose to cancel your order before it ships and go to the store. However, your current Pre Order guarantees you your devices. As for the restocking fee, as long as the device has not been opened and returned within 3 days of receiving, yes, you may return with no restocking fee.

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I did it during the iPhone 6s Plus release for my mother. We verified that the store had what we wanted and then I called CS to cancel the preorder while the store rep went to get the phone for us. They then verified that the cancellation was complete.

PicNroll
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you to everyone for your replies!  Kaebfly answered my last un-asked question, which is:  Ok, how can I cancel my preorder if I find out the store does have what I want in stock because I don't want to cancel it before going to the store only to find out that they don't have the phones there?

So, it sounds like it should be possible to sit with the Verizon retailer/rep and have him/her get the phones I want (confirm that they are available for me to have right then), and then for me to call Verizon Customer Service on the phone at that moment.  Ask the Verizon rep to cancel my preorder while on the phone with them, and then the local store rep should be able to assign the new phones to my phone lines (since there will no longer be a pending transaction on those lines).

If this is not going to be feasible, I hope that a Verizon Rep monitoring these threads will jump in to say so.

Thanks!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

As long as nothing has changed then yes that's exactly what you can do.

0 Likes