I want to use my IPhone 7 in South Korea with local sim card
Ciris31

Hello,

I want to use my IPhone 7 in South Korea with local sim card for 2 month. The sim card will be from LG U+. I was wondering whether the sim card would work with my IPhone. Should I try different carrier? Also how do I suspend and restart the contract with Verizon for 2 months since I won't be here? I want to start my contract with Verizon right before I leave Korea to America.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I want to use my IPhone 7 in South Korea with local sim card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's great that you are planning ahead for cell phone use in South Korea,  Ciris31. We're here to help in every way possible. While the iPhone7 will allow you to use a SIM card from a foreign country while outside the US, we're unable to say for certain which providers would or would not be able to provide service. Have you considered using our global add-on options? More information here: www.vzw.com/tripplanner.

Should you decide you wish to suspend your Verizon service during your trip, you can use this link to do that: http://spr.ly/658189GDc

We hope you have a safe and wonderful trip. Let us know if you have any questions.

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I want to use my IPhone 7 in South Korea with local sim card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's great that you are planning ahead for cell phone use in South Korea,  Ciris31. We're here to help in every way possible. While the iPhone7 will allow you to use a SIM card from a foreign country while outside the US, we're unable to say for certain which providers would or would not be able to provide service. Have you considered using our global add-on options? More information here: www.vzw.com/tripplanner.

Should you decide you wish to suspend your Verizon service during your trip, you can use this link to do that: http://spr.ly/658189GDc

We hope you have a safe and wonderful trip. Let us know if you have any questions.

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes