Re: I am not receiving short-code SMS like verification texts from Uber, Google, etc.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kentarganbright, I know how important it is to be able to receive short code messages. Let's see what's going on. Are your premium SMS services enabled? When did this first start?  EricaG_VZW

0 Likes
Re: I am not receiving short-code SMS like verification texts from Uber, Google, etc.
Colescrafts1

I am having this same problem with Marco Polo and other apps. Please help

brand new iPhone 10xmax

0 Likes
Adityanair
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. Just ported my number from tmobile to Verizon. Not receiving any otp messages from Uber etc but getting calls. Can you please help. Phone model is iphoneX

abrahamhuie

Having issues receiving these verification messages. Using iPhone 6s Plus. Recently ported number over from AT&T. Beyond unlimited customer. Tried troubleshooting steps under "Can't send or receive text messages" but to no avail. Bank of America is sending verification messages and can't get in. Please help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to receive verification messages is important, and we are here to assist you. Are every other messages functioning correctly? (SMS, and MMS) AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes
jentjent
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband and I just ported our phone numbers from AT&T to Verizon and are on a new IphoneXr.  We are getting texts UNLESS they are to verify our identify.  Ie, our bank, my work e-mail, etc will send a text with a number we have to type in in order to gain access to our accounts on the new phone but we never get the text.  It seems like this has happened to a lot of people.  What is the solution?  We need access to our accounts and e-mail.  We have the unlimited plan (not pre-paid) and again, regular texts to/from people are working.  Need a solution ASAP.

Lriccio

Same issue. So frustrated 

0 Likes
drakepatton

I am having the same issue - able to get texts from friends and families but not short code from banks, apps, etc. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Issues with messages are never fun. What messaging app (default, etc.) are you using? Were you able to receive these kind of texts before?

CoreyM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dano3141
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been noticing this lately too- never used to happen.  My wife just texted me and that went through, while I'm waiting like 8 minutes and still not getting the SMS 2FA message from the website I am trying to log into.  I am on prepaid, if it matters.

0 Likes