How to politely voice complaint?
merm_
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I recently went to an authorized store to order an Iphone 7+. The store is an authorized dealer. I planned to put a down payment on the phone to reduce monthly payments on the device, the rep told me she couldn't figure out how to allow me to put a down payment on the device at the time of purchase, so she said she could make an exception and allow me to put a down payment on the phone when it arrived. When I got home I checked my verizon to see the status of the order and noticed that nothing came up. I figured it might take some time to update so I waited for 2 days and checked back low and behold there was no order placed. I was semi worried so I called the store and told them I didnt see a pending order and asked if everything was alright. The rep assured me that everything was okay. The phone was supposed to ship the 21 of this month so I waited 6 days (yesterday) The initial rep I spoke to said they would call when my phone arrived. Like I said I waited six 6 days and still didn't receive a phone call. I called the store yesterday and gave them my application number and everything another rep said they had the file but the order had never been placed for the phone. I asked her if could come to the store to straighten the situation out and she said that would be best, so I drove to the store and ordered the phone. I asked her if I could make the down payment and she said come back tomorrow so you can work with your original rep on that application. Fast forward to today I go to the store and after about ten minutes of blank stares 3 reps told me I couldn't make a down payment until the phone arrived. Is there anyway I can be compensated for my wasted time, I usually profess how much I love Verizon, but this is inexcusable.

TL;DR Authorized retailer forgot to order phone reassured me after I questioned whether or not they ordered it, then proceeded to tell me I could put a down payment on it when I really couldn't. My question is there any way I can be compensated for my wasted time. I don't want to be the [Removed] consumer but this was inexcusable. I should've had my phone already. Thanks!

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to politely voice complaint?
Denhani_Loves_Dogs
Contributor - Level 1

Holy Smoke, how frustrating!    The proper place to file a complaint is with the Customer Care Desk.     You can call them at 611 on your Verizon phone, or at 800-922-0204 on any other phone.    Please give them the address of the store, and that employee's name, if you have it.       They will escalate the complaint through the proper channels.

View solution in original post

Denhani_Loves_Dogs
Contributor - Level 1

Holy Smoke, how frustrating!    The proper place to file a complaint is with the Customer Care Desk.     You can call them at 611 on your Verizon phone, or at 800-922-0204 on any other phone.    Please give them the address of the store, and that employee's name, if you have it.       They will escalate the complaint through the proper channels.

merm_
Enthusiast - Level 1

I dealt with several reps, I don't really want to get them in trouble I was just hoping for like a waived activation fee or something

0 Likes
Denhani_Loves_Dogs
Contributor - Level 1

I should also tell you that it should be no problem to make a downpayment on any phone.    All you do is make the downpayment at purchase, then subtract the downpayment from the cost of the phone and divide the balance by 24.  That tells you what your monthly payment will be.   

So if the phone is $649.99 and you pay $200 down, the balance is $449.99

$449.99 divided by 24 = $18.75/month that you'd pay for 24 months.

0 Likes
merm_
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you they just had severe internal confusion about when I can actually pay which resulted in me making unnecessary trips to their store

0 Likes