How does this work with delayed ship date?
klschade
Contributor - Level 1

This is really a VZW rep question, but due to this recent promotion "Chat" is always busy so looking for my fellow contributors for their wisdom.

This weekend we paid off daughter's iphone 6 Plus remaining 3 payments to become upgrade eligible in order to take advantage of the $650 rebate promotion.  Currently paying the $31 payment for iphone 6 plus, which is now paid off to required 75%.  The iphone 7Plus has a ship date of 11/02.  Will I continue to pay iphone 6plus payment or the iphone 7 plus payment?  Since I paid the 6 to the 75% and ordered a new phone I would hope the payment would be for the 7, but not sure??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How does this work with delayed ship date?
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

You've come to the right place for answers klschade. I know how excited you and your daughter are to purchase this new phone. I can definitely help cleared up any confusion regarding the $650 trade in promotion.

As your fellow community member mentioned, the phone you are trading in needs to be fully paid to qualify. So you will no longer have monthly device payment installments for the iPhone 6 Plus. You also need to purchase the new iPhone on a device payment to qualify. You purchase the new iPhone and trade in the old iPhone 6 Plus. So you will only have 1 device payment plan.

The way this promotion works is that you are billed monthly for the device payment plan of the new iPhone. The $650 trade in promotion you receive for the phone you trade in is split into 24 months. So you receive a credit every month that is applied towards the device payment of the new phone. You can visit Electronic Device Recycling – Verizon Wireless to take advantage of this promotion once you have paid off the current device payment plan. We're here if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

mama23dogs
Legend

To get the $650 in credits you have to fully pay off the previous phone.  the offer is NOT clear. please contact Verizon by phone or chat to get this cleared up. 

JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

You've come to the right place for answers klschade. I know how excited you and your daughter are to purchase this new phone. I can definitely help cleared up any confusion regarding the $650 trade in promotion.

As your fellow community member mentioned, the phone you are trading in needs to be fully paid to qualify. So you will no longer have monthly device payment installments for the iPhone 6 Plus. You also need to purchase the new iPhone on a device payment to qualify. You purchase the new iPhone and trade in the old iPhone 6 Plus. So you will only have 1 device payment plan.

The way this promotion works is that you are billed monthly for the device payment plan of the new iPhone. The $650 trade in promotion you receive for the phone you trade in is split into 24 months. So you receive a credit every month that is applied towards the device payment of the new phone. You can visit Electronic Device Recycling – Verizon Wireless to take advantage of this promotion once you have paid off the current device payment plan. We're here if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

mama23dogs
Legend

Thank you for clarifying !! 

klschade
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you all!  I was able to get a verizon rep on the phone and "fixed" my order!  Cost more of course, but this $650 rebate makes it well worthwhile!

Yes, the phone needs to be PAID off!!!

Thank you again!!

0 Likes