Re: Has anyone noticed their iPhone 7 Plus randomly making noises like static?
joelr_vzw
Verizon Employee
0 Likes
Laytonoid
Contributor - Level 1

There is a crackling noise/hissing from the back of the iPhone 7+. Both my wife and I have one and they both do the same thing. We actually had my wife's replaced at the apple store and they pretended there was nothing wrong with it. They did hear the noise though. I finally convinced them to replace her phone but the new one does the same thing. So maybe it is normal? Well.. normal for this phone unfortunately. Anyone else with this problem?

RooMcD
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no Bluetooth device connected and no background apps running.  It just randomly makes static noises.

0 Likes
sheritah_vzw
Verizon Employee

Static noises coming from the phone can be alarming. Let's take a closer look into this for you. Please verify the software version under Settings, General and About. How is the audio when you make/receive calls?

0 Likes
RooMcD
Enthusiast - Level 2

The software is iOS 10.1

Audio when making calls is spotty, sometimes static sounds as well.

0 Likes
ADRVIL23
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes , I did , the same issues and I went back to the Verizon Store and it keep happening randomly so this lady said, she can't hear anything but I'm sure this I phone 7 have issues, this never happen to my old I phone 5 C , finally she order a phone replacement but it sound like she don't believe me but I feel so uncomfortable.

She explain to me that is not going to be any difference to get a new phone, and I told her I don't understand what you talking about. this phone is having issues. The worst part is to deal with the worst Customer Service.

RooMcD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am still having issues with the phone making these noises- anyone else?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RooMcD-

Yikes, that is certainly not the news that we like to hear. I did send you a private message to your community inbox so we can take a closer look at your device. Do you mind responding there? Thank you so much!

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes