Getting Charged for Free Phone
morisky
Contributor - Level 1

I just had this happen with one phone. "Free" iPhone charged to me. I am not under contract so I am paying it off and moving to another carrier. Never again. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Getting Charged for Two Free Phones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. Feeling mislead is never fun and we are here to provide clarity. Please meet us in a Private Note for assistance. We will stand by. -Albert

0 Likes
Re: Getting Charged for Free Phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

morisky, 

Our apologies for the confusion. We understand this is frustrating for you. The free iPhone promotion is not able to be transferred to a new account. The promotion that you had would have been lost once the lines were transferred. Once you have had the phones longer than the return period, we cannot refund the cost of the phones. 

JenelleW_vzw

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you not read how the promotion works? You enter into a device payment agreement for the full retail price of the phone and then you are credited an amount equal to the monthly installment cost over 24 months for the term of the agreement. If you leave Verizon Wireless or pay off the agreement balance early you forfeit any bill credits you haven't received yet. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
morisky
Contributor - Level 1

I have not moved to another carrier yet, it is my intention because I was lied to about the phone being free. I have been a customer nine years but not intent ending to be much longer as this has been a nightmare experience. So strange that Verizon is willing to lose a nine year customer relationship to sell one phone... not sure about the economics of that.

0 Likes
morisky
Contributor - Level 1

I have had the Verizon account for nine years-that is NOT a new account. But I intend to pay off the device and take it to another carrier because I was lied to. I was offered a "free" phone and have device charges on it. Am repeatedly told they will be credited but that has not happened. The device unlocks after 60 days (coming up in five days), then I will pay it off and move to another carrier of this is not resolved, although I am getting so angry for being lied to I am probably moving under any circumstances.

0 Likes
Re: Getting Charged for Two Free Phones
morisky
Contributor - Level 1

How do I do a private note?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The bill credits should be applied to bill in 1 to 2 billing cycles. If they aren't showing up yet, you need to call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone and request they check into why you haven't received the bill credits. You should also verify that you followed the qualifications required for the promotion. Usually that means the phone was activated on a new line of service and not on an existing line. If upgrading an existing line, you might not have qualified for the free phone promotion. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
morisky
Contributor - Level 1

I have called customer service. My log shows seventeen interactions; chat, forums, IMs, phone calls.

Why would an offer proffered "for your continued loyalty" as stated in the offer text require a new line? You are not making any sense. And Verizon can not tell me what the specific actions are that I failed to complete, or provide any information about the terms of the offer-even after multiple requests for them to tell me the specific offer terms. They tell me to provide the specific terms, then tell me that the information I provided is wrong-then Verizon refuses to tell me the terms. @Ann154 if you are an expert tell me the specific terms of my offer, or butt out. Your shilling for liars is not appreciated. Telling me that I failed to complete terms, but not being able to tell me what the terms are and you being wrong everytime you guess does not sound like an expert. More like you are throwing chum in the water to attempt to exhaust me to get me to give up.

0 Likes
morisky
Contributor - Level 1

Final resolution: Verizon says the offer "ended 11/29". I sent them the email screen shot of the offer sent to me on 12/15. I even showed the header info proving the email offer of free iPhone left Verizon email servers on 12/15/20. But they refuse. I am paying the device charge and porting to another carrier. Oh, and I even have a text today from the sales agent (saved his contact info) who says that the phone should be free... 

0 Likes