Enabling Wi-Fi calling disables Wi-Fi
Jab1958
Enthusiast - Level 2

I noticed that my Iphone 7 started losing Wi-Fi over the weekend and whenever that happened I was not given a choice to turn it on from Settings. I tried numerous solutions but the only fix was to keep doing hard resets (Sleep-Wake + lower Volume buttons) until Wi-Fi got turned on. The problem kept getting worse and more frequent and by Monday it took from 6-10 resets to re-enable Wi-Fi. However the phone wouldn't stay connected for long before Wi-Fi would disappear again.Then it dawned on me that on Saturday I had turned on Wi-Fi calling for the first time. Once I turned that off the problem went away. Wi-Fi calling would have been nice since I live in a poor cellular area but I have great Wi-Fi. Is anyone else still having this issue? I thought that this problem had been fixed and I have the latest IOS.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Enabling Wi-Fi calling disables Wi-Fi
Jab1958
Enthusiast - Level 2

The fix for my problem was to go by the Apple Store and get a new replacement phone. All is well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jab1958, this is certainly not the experience we would want you to have with Wi-Fi calling. We know how important it is to stay connected, especially if you're not getting great coverage in your area. We want to make sure we have all the details to research this further. Can you please confirm the current software version on your device? You can find it by going into Settings > General > About > Version.  Also, can you tell us what other steps that you tried to get this resolved before restarting the phone and turning off Wi-Fi calling?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Jab1958
Enthusiast - Level 2

My version is 10.3.2. I've tried resetting the network, toggling Airplane mode, location services, and Wi-Fi assist.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wow. You've certainly done a lot of troubleshooting on your own, Jab1958. Can you please tell me if you're using any kind of Network Extender or booster?

Also, please try running a device health check in your My Verizon Mobile app, to see if anything shows up. To do so, please go to My Verizon Mobile> Menu> Devices> My Device> Manage> Run Health Check.

VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
Jab1958
Enthusiast - Level 2

This problem is worse than I thought and I don't think that it has anything to do with Wi-Fi calling. Even with the feature disabled I noticed that my phone randomly reboots and it doesn't always return with Wi-Fi activated. The only thing I can do is continually reboot until Wi-Fi returns. The phone may stay up for a few hours or just a few minutes before rebooting and the cycle repeats itself. I've reset everything and restored yet the problem is still there. I just may have a Iphone lemon here.

0 Likes
Jab1958
Enthusiast - Level 2

The fix for my problem was to go by the Apple Store and get a new replacement phone. All is well.

0 Likes