Re: how much do you despise the 7??
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You don't have to take your glove off to answer the phone. That was my point. I was at my son football training last Thursday night and it was cold enough to wear gloves. And of course everyone decided that was the best time to call me lol. I was able to answer each call without having to take my gloves off because my gloves (not a special pair at all. Just some cheap ones I keep in my car just in case) didn't interfere with my being able to interact with the screen. The only time I had to take them partially off was when I needed to unlock the screen to check my email. So no...you dont have to take your gloves off to answer your phone. But if you need to interact with the home button then yes unless you have a pair that will work (but you still won't be able to use the fingerprint option to unlock...which you seem to be saying you don't even use that option).

0 Likes
HITECHESPRESSO

never used fingerprints

or lock codes

See last nights Simpsons for a snide reference to this "feature".

IMHO -- it does NOT improve the usage of the phone whatsoever over the

older button

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

I missed the Simpsons last night Smiley Sad I'll have to check it out.

In case this might help- You can put a 'home button' on your iPhone screen (anywhere you want) and use that instead of the actual button if your gloves work better on the screen using these steps:

Settings--> General--> Accessability-->  Assistive Touch--> On

i haven't used it on my 7 much, but I have had to on previous models with the mechanical buttons when they had issues.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I will watch when I get a chance. But as far as the button not being better (or improving the usage)...for those that experienced issues with their home button failing the benefit can be seen. But if you never had the failure occur it isn't something you would see the benefit in. I personally never had the failure but my mother did on her 6 Plus and it was a nightmare because after it was repaired there were issues. I'm indifferent about the change since the failure never affected me but I do find it very responsive and probably better in the end because it's not a moving part to worry about. I was a bit surprised the first time I recognized that the home button wouldn't respond if anything was on your hand but I adjusted. Then again, I don't wear gloves often enough where taking them off briefly to unlock (since I do use the feature for security) my phone bothers me. I imagine the button issue bothers you on the same level that the lack of headphone jack seems to bother some others. It's a convenience issue that either you will be okay with or despise. You just have to gauge how important that inconvenience is for you and go from there. Best of luck either way you opt to go. If you choose to sell you should get a decent amount of the retail pr back assuming it is still in like-new condition

0 Likes
HITECHESPRESSO

Thanks!

Dave

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes