Does Anyone Else Hate The Home Button On The iPhone 7?
HITECHESPRESSO

The home button.

Gloves on?? you are outta luck.

I want to return this garbage, and get a 6 S

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how much do you despise the 7??
deloused
Master - Level 3

I missed the Simpsons last night Smiley Sad I'll have to check it out.

In case this might help- You can put a 'home button' on your iPhone screen (anywhere you want) and use that instead of the actual button if your gloves work better on the screen using these steps:

Settings--> General--> Accessability-->  Assistive Touch--> On

i haven't used it on my 7 much, but I have had to on previous models with the mechanical buttons when they had issues.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

None. Best iPhone ever. 

Southern California - no gloves needed

there are gloves you can buy that do work.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

It did take some getting used to for me, while I'm not a glove wearer, I like that the new button is haptic so there's less mechanics that could break, improved protection from liquid/debris and the better fingerprint reader capabilities. You may want to play around with the 'Hey Siri' functionality a bit to perform some phone operation instead of the button when unable to press it

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Yes the home button requires actual skin contact since it's not really a button so yes...wearing gloves makes it a bit problematic but it's not so serious that it should be deemed garbage. If that's your only complaint I think you're dealing with a bit of first world problems. If it's that big of a deal though you can try gloves that allow fingertips to be free or you can opt to downgrade to the 6s.

0 Likes
HITECHESPRESSO

Oh I would love to downgrade back to my old 6 or 6 S.

A first world problem??  When you wear gloves at WORK, and have to

answer the [Removed] phone 20 times a DAY?

that is not a "1st world problem"

Apple has gone insane with feature creep.

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Yes, first world problem if having to remove your glove to unlock your phone (which you can then put back on) is the only reason you deem the phone garbage. You can answer your phone without unlocking it so this doesn't stop you from being able to do that. Mentioned that because you stated how you have to answer the "[Removed] phone 20 times a DAY".

As mentioned, you can always downgrade if it's a deal breaker for you. If you no longer have your old device you can opt to pay this one off (if you haven't already or if it isn't a work device) and trade it in for the 6 or 6s. You can sell this one and use the money towards getting the 6 or 6s. You can buy a used 6 or 6s. Assuming you're out of the return period but if you're not you can go that route. There are options if you find this one too problematic for you to use it at work.

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

And I don't say any of that to be rude or dismiss your issue. I sincerely feel that the complaint of the home button being an inconvenience because you can't unlock it while wearing your glove isn't big enough to dismiss the device as garbage. But I also acknowledge that if it's a big enough issue for you that there are options available to you. You may not love them but they exist. It would seem that you would have noticed the inconvenience within the return period anyway unless you didn't work for the 14 days you could have returned/exchanged.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Like I said, there are gloves that allow the unlock to work. Fingerprints don't work, but you will be able to interact with screen and key in PIN. $27 -- this is just one example.

The North Face Etip Gloves for Men Features

• Etip functionality works with a touch-screen device
  • 5 Dimensional Fitˆ ensures consistent sizing
  • Radiametric Articulationˆ keeps hands in their natural relaxed position
  • Four-way-stretch fleece
  • Silicone gripper palm pattern provides superior grip
HITECHESPRESSO

I might do just that!

Why should I have to take my glove off to answer the phone. AND I

nevver use a lock code.

Simpsons fan? check out the snide reference to this home button