Re: Cannot group text with multiple platforms
Jayapradha
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have the same issue. Any resolve to it?

MarjorieAnne
Enthusiast - Level 2

No resolution. Verizon either can’t fix or doesn’t want to make the effort. Very frustrating. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want you to be able to group text. We'd like to ask a few questions to better assist you. What type of device are you using? When did this issue start?

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
Jayapradha
Enthusiast - Level 1

Device: iPhone 11. It started from 2 weeks back when i ported to Verizon network.

And i have tried everything suggested on this thread already, but doesn't solve it:

If all of my group members are on iPhones (indicated by blue chat bubbles), I can send and receive messages with no limitations. If there are Android members in the group (indicated by green chat bubbles), I can receive group messages from either type of sender, with or without emojis/attachments.

In the vast majority of cases, if I try to respond with emojis/attachments, or if I try to initiate a new group text with these items, my phone gets partially through the send function then stops. The blue/green line that runs left to right at the top of the screen gets 90% of the way across, then stops, sits for roughly 10-30 seconds, and then I get the red "!" symbol and "Not Delivered" notification. This occurs whether I'm on LTE or wi-fi.

Settings verifications: 1) iMessage is turned on. 2) My phone number is listed and checked under iMessage. 3) Send as SMS is turned on. 4) MMS Messaging is turned on. 5) Group messaging is turned on. 6) None of the group members are in my Blocked list. 7) My software is up to date as of today, running iOS 13.3.1. I have also tried turning off iMessage, restarting the phone, and then turning iMessage back on, but that didn’t resolve the problem either.

Tags (1)
MarjorieAnne
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have given you all this information already and you have provided no fix. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MargorieAnne, we understand that this has been a long process and that was truly not our intention. I want to make sure that all avenues are covered. Have you also reached out to Apple about this issue? As here is a link to get some troubleshooting started with them as well: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204065#group  

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jayapradha, 

We understand this has been frustrating for you. We have received all the details and thank you for providing the needed information. Can you tell me if there are any issues sending emojis or attachments to Android only users? Can you send a text message to an email address with a picture or attachment?

JenelleR_VZW

0 Likes
Rwieb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Make sure cellular data is on. Mine got turned off and you can’t send to non iPhones without it.